Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The new kitten is being a dick
  • ste_t
    Free Member

New kitten is now 11 weeks old. Cat is nearly 3 years old.

Any way to stop the kitten trying to ride him like a horse or from slapping him in the face whilst he’s asleep?

We’ve had a feliway diffuser for the last month which has stopped the cat from being aggressive but the kitten is clearly just a bellend.

Lifer
    Free Member

Kitten in playing lots shocker

legend
    Free Member

This ^ It’s a kitten doing what kittens do. There’ll be plenty of hissing for a while then they’ll sort their shit out

theotherjonv

In due course, big cat will give little cat a hiding, and order will be defined. Don’t overthink it.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Oh dear.

You’ve turned your cat’s life upside down and you’re angry at your kitten for displaying natural kitten behaviour.

No. There is no way to “stop” kittens from playing.

Make sure it has plenty of toys, climbing frames, things to chase and explore, and try to let the older cat get some peace by playing with the kitten yourself, not being angry it for being a kitten.

JackHammer

Pix of said kitten

ico86

Nothing more to add over what has already been said above. Our kitten was like this a few months ago and now she’s curled up asleep next to our aging cat. She still has a bit of fun chasing him every now and then but she sort of knows when to stop these days.
    Enjoy the jokes, film it and if you get a good un try your luck for £250.

orangespyderman

The new kitten is being a dick kitten

FTFY

mrmo
    Free Member

a neighbour has got a kitten, kitten has virtually moved in as decided it likes out youngest cat, vet said ours was 4-6years old so not much older than yours.

That our youngest weighs two times more and some of the squeals coming from the kitten when they “play”. Kitten comes back for more. And the two do actually play together. The two 10 year olds aren’t interested and tend to stay out of the way. Beyond the occasional reminder whose house it is.

I wouldn’t worry about it, the cat can and will kick the crap out of the kitten if it so chooses. All i would say, if the kitten is male get its bollocks cut off as soon as you can. It will stop it getting overly aggressive.

STATO
    Free Member

Sounds like the OP has stopped the Cat responding by doping it up with feliway. Maybe try not having that on all the time so the kitten learns a bit about messing with his new mate when he is asleep.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You need a Kittenapult

sandwicheater

You cat to be kitten me, only way to stop a rogue kitten is to flush it down the toilet, FACT!

wwaswas

Our cat lives upstairs now we have a puppy.

Visions of them living in harmony sharing a sleeping area are long gone.

If they’re together he spend his entire time following her round sniffing her bum and she pretends to ignore him right up to the point she swats him on the nose. He backs off a metre looking confused and then goes back to trying to sniff her bum. And repeat.

Hopefully your kitten and cat can reach an accommodation.

qwerty
    Free Member

Treat it to an air bomb repeater.

qwerty
    Free Member

PS: your in trouble if its getting to you when its messing with the cat, your next!!!

binners

We had two cats, then we got a kitten. it was absolutely mental (as they all are) and spent its days harassing the older, grumpier cat. The older cat absolutely hated the little sod, and used to batter it on a regular basis. The kitten was nails though, and gave as good as it got.

Anyway, like someone has already said, they’ll reach an accommodation. The accommodation ours reached was that the kitten moved in 5 doors down. It occasionally comes round and peers in through the window to wind grumpy cat up

Bregante

JackHammer – Member
    Pix of said kitten

This.

While we’re waiting for the o.p, say hello to Dave who arrived on Friday. Dave’s also a bit of a dick – which is fine.

[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5453/29843146824_9ffaa2f2a9_h.jpg[/img]

ste_t
    Free Member

I have videos aswell obviously but don’t want to come across as a crazy cat ladyboy.

Bregante

8)

mogrim

Any way to stop the kitten trying to ride him like a horse or from slapping him in the face whilst he’s asleep?

Yeah, wait 6 months until he’s not longer a kitten.

Or get another kitten of his own age to play with. We have 3 cats – the eldest is 3 years old, then the kitten we (intentionally) got 4 months ago (about 6 months old), and another one that turned up with my youngest daughter a month or so ago (found outside, half-dead, and about 2.5 months old now). The bigger cat basically ignores the other two, other than to point out every now and then that he’s still the boss. The other two spend all day “fighting” – normal kitten behaviour.

mogrim

Obligatory cat pics:

Small cats (not fighting for once):

Crap photo of them all together

Big and middle cat ignoring each other:

maccruiskeen

He’ll get his comeuppance!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8N970mwEzY[/video]

fifeandy
    Free Member

I have videos aswell obviously but don’t want to come across as a crazy cat ladyboy

Too late, sorry 😛

Northwind

What exactly is the downside of having a kitten ride a cat like a horse? That sounds like the endgame of having a cat and a kitten tbh.

Have you considered dressing the kitten up like a knight?

cranberry
    Free Member

OP, think yourself lucky, you could have a bengal kitten like Bregante.

I had 2. It is like Vietnam, if you weren’t there you couldn’t understand it.

<thousand yard stare>

The worst thing is that they are as cute as f#$% whilst trashing your apartment and draining you of your last reserves of sanity:

canopy
    Free Member

august last year we got two kittens they were both approx 8 months when we got them from the RSPCA. they’re unrelated, and different ages.

both were heavily into eating wires which drove us nuts for while, we kept them in until spring this year, and they’d get let out a bit, at first only when we were around at daytime. now they’re out 730am to 6pm, in mid summer thats more like 9pm. generally they sleep most of the evening unless they havent been able to get outside.

the slightly older one is almost always awake, good at cuddles, kisses and purrs, but also a bit of a bugger at times, and not motivated by food/dreamies. she goes of adventuring a bit and like playing. this one does not make noises, i’ve heard her hiss at a neighbours cat, and maybe the other when fighting, but thats it.

the younger one is still shy of us humans, no cuddles. likes sleeping A LOT. motivated by food, and partner says sits waiting for me when i get home from work (as i feed them then) purrs and digs around at meal times and is keen on dreamies. she doesn’t do toys. she likes killing stuff but also brings in pretty flowers for us. this one makes meep noises and gets upset when she cant find the other one.

they both bring in live flies!?

they sleep together, they wake each other up when they other has been sleeping to either play, or steal their warm spot.

i read you need to spend time playing with your or it will destroy stuff.

laser pointer is great. but sends our playful kitten mental and she bcomes obsessed, even when hearing a keychain rattle that sounds like the laser pointers one. laser is a last resort.

one of those blanket/spin around toys

i hold ribbon hide it behind me and let kitten chase as i pass from hand to hand behind/front in cirlces.. this is a favourite game. also stopped and weaned off due to obsession.

cranberry
    Free Member

both were heavily into eating wires which drove us nuts for while

Grannicks Bitter Apple for the win!

clicky

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘The new kitten is being a dick’ is closed to new replies.