Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The new inbred frame dropouts
  • sm500
    Free Member

Hi iam not sure if this has been done yet. Any thought from owners of the new inbred frame with removable dropouts? any brake issues from the caliper being mounted to the drop instead of on the frame. Orange p7 had the same set up for a few yrs brake fitted to dropouts and had problems, they eventually went back to haw thay first did it on the 2005/6 bikes with tabs on frame. The new p7 is the same tabs on frame for brakes, and slidding drops..
    Has anybody bought a new frame with the new drops and is it any different to the old inbred in the geometry??
    cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

The horizontal dropouts aren’t sliding, so they won’t move. Plenty frames use slotted dropouts and brake mounts, plenty more use moving dropouts that the brake attaches to also.

Should be fine.

sm500
    Free Member

Yep i know, but the brand new inbred frames up on the one one site now are bolted on removable dropouts. Take a peek ,)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brant
    Free Member

Geometry the same, and dropouts proving excellent on titanium and carbon models – it’s just they’ve now propagated to the steel version.

andyl
    Free Member

as above (and I think you misunderstood Als reply) – the new ‘swapouts’ have been on the carbon and Ti models for a year now.

I’ve said this before but I think they missed a trick with the horizontal ones as I don’t like having to adjust the brake manually. I would have liked to see some sliding arrangement like you get on some frames.

They are also horrendously priced!

brant
    Free Member

£15 for a nice bit of CNCing doesn’t seem that bad. There’s plenty of places will charge you that just for a gear hanger – and the steel frames come with both sets (singlespeed and geared) included!

clubber
    Free Member

Are you going to revert to brant<@>on-one.co.uk? 🙂

M6TTF
    Free Member

Looks pretty good value to me – wish my scandal clown bike had em!

brant
    Free Member

Looks pretty good value to me – wish my scandal clown bike had em!

The ones landing later in the year will have.
    I’m sort of torn on them. On the one hand, they are clever and more adaptable, but also heavier and more expensive.

I think we’ll end up doing some dedicated lighter weight frames too. With fixed welded vertical dropouts. Probably.

cynic-al
    Free Member

@ £15 each (unclear from website if it’s each or a pair) pricing does seem a bit out of kilter for on-one, but I guess you are unlikely to need one once you have a frame.

sm500
    Free Member

The top tube where it joins the seat tube looks further up than the old inbred to, more like the 456, where the top tube at seat post is in line with the rear seat stays.)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The new inbred frame dropouts’ is closed to new replies.