Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 171 total)
  • The new "Fargo" TV series – who's watching?
  • thepurist

Finally started catching up with 4od last night and noticed that today’s the final day that episode 1 will be available. So if you’re dithering or disorganised like me, sort it out.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Watching it on catch-up. It’s different, but just as brilliant as the previous series.

Where is the moral centre, indeed.

martinhutch

The scene in season 1, where post-Vegas Malvo comes into the diner and tries to get Lou to tell him where he can find Lester was electric, and when it got out that the season 2 was going to be about the Sioux Falls incident that Lou faces Malvo down with, you just knew it was going to be great.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3NTFnnaPC8[/video]

What a scene. Reminds you just how good BBT is, and that season 2 still has some way to go to match the first one.

chestrockwell

It’s great. I’m enjoying the second season more than the first tbh.

IdleJon

“Haven’t had a piece of pie like that since the garden of Eden.” (From the above S1 clip.)

It’s such good writing and acting in both series. I need to watch them through from beginning, including the film, to make sense of it all.

don’t find the black guy menacing. In fact, his character and acting are poor.

I disagree.

derek_starship
    Free Member

“Am I the only one here who understands the concept of law enforcement?”

slimjim78
    Free Member

I disagree.

I disdisagree.
    If he came up to me and threatened me, i’d say ‘am I supposed to feel threatened? You’re trying to hard to be cool mate.’

Plus I found his aversion to bum/thumb interface completely unbelievable.

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s been fantastic. May need to rewatch series 1 and the film once this is finished. I really hope they go on to make more.

IdleJon

If he came up to me and threatened me, i’d say ‘am I supposed to feel threatened? You’re trying to hard to be cool mate.’

It’s not him who is the threatening one. It’s the two brothers, isn’t it? He can afford to be cheerful/jovial/whatever.

Anyway, we can disagree happily. Understand? <threatening emoji> 🙂

martinhutch

What made Malvo such a good character was his menacing charm. Milligan is an attempt at the same thing. I think he will be every bit as psychopathic.

tthew

two brothers

SPOILER – One brother. I like the black guy.
    edit – Milligan; is that his name, how did I miss that?

hypnotoad
    Free Member

“we pointed out guns at one another for a while before going our separate ways”. Hank says “maybe two pieces of cake”.

Thanks for the reminder, there are some great moments in this 😀

teasel
    Free Member

Plus I found his aversion to bum/thumb interface completely unbelievable.

It wasn’t an aversion to it, he was merely surprised…

IHN

Lou = Lou

*penny drops*

Aaaaaah……

It’s excellent, best thing on telly since, well, the last series, much better than some other sequel series I can think of (I’m looking at you True Detective)

carbonfiend
    Free Member

It just gets better, I love the split screen editing & the music.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

BigDummy
    Free Member

Two things from this week:

1. Molly really looks like her mum in some pictures, which is touching.

2. Hanzee is not someone you want to see. But not being able to see him should be equally troubling.

Klunk
    Free Member

another twist another turn…. did not expect that 🙂 fabulous truely fabulous piece of TV

binners

Watched 2 episodes on catch up before last nights episode. Could have happily watched another.

It really is top notch telly!

franksinatra

Karl Weather, the lawyer. His dialogue was brilliant. I could have watched him all night.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Forget Hanzee or Milligan, Kirsten Dunsts character is the most scary one – she’s batshit mental.

BigDummy
    Free Member

she’s batshit mental.

“You’re a little touched, aren’t you?” as Hank so diplomatically put it.

🙂

binners

Absolutely brilliant! The cinamatography is outstanding.

Is it just me or is every episode getting a bit more Tarantino?

dawson

Yep, brilliant.

So much for ‘The undertaker’!

Stoner
    Free Member

The gore is getting more choreographed for sure.

I can’t quite work out the links with series 1 yet. I need to refresh my memory.

I do have one message for channel 4 though : your 4od app is shite! I wanted to catch up on some episodes, launch 4od on the tablet and settle down in front of the TV ready to cast it. No dice. No casting function. No worries thinks I, I’ll just cast the screen. “4od doesn’t support TV play”. WTF?

Oh.

OK, then.

Well let me just go… To this hooky site here… Copy that url… Put it into that app… And oh look, I can now cast fargo in HD on my TV with no annoying ads.

Looks like I won’t be needing 4od again.

Stupid dicks.

Klunk
    Free Member

justs gets better and better….

BigDummy
    Free Member

I can’t quite work out the links with series 1 yet.

So far:

– Lou Solverson (Patrick Wilson) appears in Season 1, he is Molly’s dad;
    – Lou delivers that description of the massacre at Sioux Falls to Malvo. We know (as at the end of episode 7) that Hanzee is in Sioux Falls, tailing the Blumquists, who have Dodd; and we know Lou and Hank are going there, so we’re inevitably closing in on that harrowing conclusion;
    – Ben Schmidt (who is a shit cop, he does surely know it) is Gus’ commanding officer in Season 1;
    – Sam Hess (the first person Malvo murders in Season 1) has organised crime connections with Fargo and runs a trucking business – I don’t think there are Gerhardts running organised crime by the time the events of Season 1 unfold.

Any more links?

DaRC_L

Didn’t watch series 1 (as didn’t want to ruin the film experience) so not getting the references so much.
    Still loving the series though 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

– Lou Solverson (Patrick Wilson) appears in Season 1, he is Molly’s dad;
    – Lou delivers that description of the massacre at Sioux Falls to Malvo. We know (as at the end of episode 7) that Hanzee is in Sioux Falls, tailing the Blumquists, who have Dodd; and we know Lou and Hank are going there, so we’re inevitably closing in on that harrowing conclusion;
    – Ben Schmidt (who is a shit cop, he does surely know it) is Gus’ commanding officer in Season 1;
    – Sam Hess (the first person Malvo murders in Season 1) has organised crime connections with Fargo and runs a trucking business – I don’t think there are Gerhardts running organised crime by the time the events of Season 1 unfold.

I am going to have to re-watch S1 arent I?

How the hell do you remember all that stuff?

Stevet1
    Free Member

I was expecting the undertaker to be Malvo.

shifter
    Free Member

Thanks Bigdummy, all now becomes clear!

bonzodog
    Free Member

Great post.

I absolutely loved the first series and this series is just as good! Like someone said earlier – best thing on the box.

I love the way the story creates tension. Just about the catch up on last night’s episode.

Never seen the film. Is it in a similar vein?

BigDummy
    Free Member

How the hell do you remember all that stuff?

I’m cheating a bit tbh – I watch a S2 episode, typically a week late in Hong Kong, then I read a couple of blogs. I’m liking this one, which was where the Schmidt detail came from.

Incidentally, watching a complete series as it comes out, giving each episode a week to marinate, is waaaaay nicer than binge-watching an entire season in a weekend. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Never seen the film. Is it in a similar vein?

Well worth your time. The series takes the style and feel of the film up very nicely. And there are a couple of references in season 1 to things that happen in the film.

jimmy

I now need to re-watch the film. And probably season 1. And then S2 just because it’s so good.

fasthaggis

Just caught up last night.
    Excellent,some cracking scenes.
    Karl Weather(King of breakfasts)and Betsy,then the Bear and Simone in the woods with those overhead shots.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Bear and Simone in the woods

There is some speculation floating around that he hadn’t actually killed her. That didn’t occur to me for a second.

Karl and Betsy was heartbreaking.

Stevet1
    Free Member

There is some speculation floating around that he hadn’t actually killed her. That didn’t occur to me for a second.

Although you obviously didn’t see him shoot her I found the dialogue ‘It’s already done’ more powerful. It was a done deal and nothing she could do or say would change his mind.

IdleJon

They haven’t been shy of showing deaths so far so obviously not showing her die throws some doubt in…

IdleJon

Oh and having an episode open with Jethro Tull as the soundtrack is rather excellent! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘The new "Fargo" TV series – who's watching?’ is closed to new replies.