Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The New DEORE 595 DISCS are they any good
  • Norbie
    Free Member

Thinking of getting some of the new deore 595 discs has anybody got an views as reviews are hard to find at the moment .Thanks

barrykellett
    Free Member

My mate has them and likes them. I took a spin on his bike down a trail and i thought they were grand.
    i dont like big hugely powerful brakes anyway but them brakes had more than enough power to stop you. They are an absolute bargain too and look good

Leku
    Free Member

March What Mountain Bike has a brake group test and they came second overall (out of 19). best Value award.

MrTall
    Free Member

I have the M595's on my new Inbred and then SLX and XT on my other two main bikes.

First impressions have been that they are not as powerful as the other two despite that recent test saying they were the most powerful of the 3. I changed the front pads to see if maybe there had been some contamination and to be fair they do now appear a fair bit better. They don't have the servo wave that the SLX & XT have which i think makes them less snappy but that is personal preference, i quite like the 'firmness' of the lever feel with servo wave, others may not. I have to say that the SLX are probably my favourite but the others are all perfectly good brakes. There is probably a bit more modulation on the deores because they don't have the servo wave. SLX & XT are squueze then bite, deores more squeeze bit by bit to feed in the stopping power.

I should also mention though that the SLX & XT are run with 203/180 rotors whereas the M595 are run 180/160 on a rigid bike so that will explain some of the performance issues.

Overall for the money i have no complaints (i paid £55 an end with no rotors). They look nice and perform well and bleeding is pretty easy as well. Hope this helps.

Norbie
    Free Member

Thanks all for your replies,
    I have been using Juicy 3's up to now on my winter bike which keep having lever sticking problems from your reviews looks like the 595's will do me nicely thanks .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The New DEORE 595 DISCS are they any good’ is closed to new replies.