Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The new Dambuster film
  • Harry_the_Spider

Anyone heard anything recently?

I remember seeing a picture of Peter Jackson and Richard Taylor from WETA sat in the cockpit of a Lancaster. But since then nothing.

Onzadog
    Free Member

what was wrong with the old one?

druidh
    Free Member

Not enough Americans?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Harry_the_Spider

They bought the rights of Mel Gibson. Imagine if he had made it? He would have played a 50 year old American Guy Gibson who lead a raid of B17s against the filthy murdering British.

druidh
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member

They bought the rights of Mel Gibson. Imagine if he had made it? He would have played a 50 year old American Guy Gibson who lead a raid of B17s against the filthy murdering British.

English

Harry_the_Spider

Silly me.

Actually I think that they are focusing on Les Munroe and that the script has been written by Stephen Fry. But i could be wrong.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

The new one will finally tell the truth about the Dambusters

It will start with eccentric inventor Barnie ‘brains’ McWallis inventing a jet propelled bouncing bomb inspired by how his empty Big Mac carton bounced down the road when he threw it out of the window of his car.

The second part will show how colonel Mad Max Gibson and his mighty 617 Bombardment wing flew its B17 bombers up the thames destroying the Thames barrage thereby killing that commie asshole Winston Hitler and saving the world for the Coca Cola corporation.

nickc

I think it’s in production. last I heard they were all having a nervous breakdown about whether to include Gibson’s Dog (a black lab called n****) to make matters worse it’s not like it’s an incidental detail; the dog was the sqn mascot, killed in an accident beforehand and I think one of the mission code words was operation N****…)

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Don’t envy them.

Onzadog
    Free Member

couldn’t they change the dog to a setter and call it Ginger. All the same letters you know.

like this

JulianA
    Free Member

They shouldn’t change anything to anything – it’s an historical fact, that was the way things were then: apparently it was a fairly common name for a dog and now the world has moved on and it’s not. Get over it.

Correct, that was the call sign for a successful breach of a dam.

End of.

redthunder
    Free Member

They are using a B17 and it’s to be directed by Mel Gibson.

and what are they going to call the dog ?????????????

redthunder
    Free Member
    Harry_the_Spider

IIRC in real life the dog didn’t get killed on the morning of the raid. That was made up for the original film.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The new Dambuster film’ is closed to new replies.