• This topic has 46 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • The new bike Transporter…finished!
  • jimster
    Free Member

Looks nice.

Don't think it'll stay that white inside for long though. 😕

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Nice van!

Can i suggest something from here?

http://www.townandcountrycovers.com/

I'd love a camper but also love my kombi just the way it is, most of the time i just chuck all my filthy kit in the back. Roughing it with a sleeping bag in the back if camping is required is fine.

Someone has parked a lovely t4 conversion with a pop top outside my house to make me jealous.

mick_r

Seats aren't actually crash tested – they are put through a static seat belt anchorage pull test.

Camper vans are still a bit of a grey area but lots of new regs are being put in place at the moment which will make things trickier for small converters / diy / dodgy rock roll beds. If you want to be 100% safe in that van then the seat should be type approved to M1 standard (highest passenger car loads).

This alone does not make it safe – the installation also matters. If fitted to a brand new unregistered vehicle, then one sample should have been pull tested and type approved in a bodyshell (which scraps both the seat and the shell). I think camper vans currently escape this as a legal requirement (but not for much longer – and most major manufacturers test anyway to show due dilligence).

If it is fitted to an already registered vehicle, then it does not need testing but should be installed with the intention of being able to pass the test (e.g. it needs more than a few bolts and washers through the floorpan…..)

Reimo's seat is approved but also uses the body structure for the upper anchorage. The RIB seat looks good, and Scotseats do an M1 approved bed seat (the test cert on the website was signed by the guy sitting next to me…)

http://www.scotseats.co.uk/bedseats2.htm

We gave up on camper vans after having kids (wanting to strap something precious in the back). Now got a new tent and Dispatch Combi (factory fitted M1 seats but no bed) with a grille and extra bike lashing points to keep kids and bikes safely apart!

Curly68
    Free Member

Looks very nice. Similar to the vans my mate converts. I have just bought a Smev two ring hob for my van conversion. Need a sink and fridge then I can start builidng it.
    Its a LWB Renault Master that I paid £1600 for with 72k on the clock. Should have enough room for a small workshop/garage with bed over, another double and small kitchen area. No room for a loo/shower though 😐

spyke85
    Free Member

Nagsnog, it is indeed a Cannons Forge bed.

juiced
    Free Member

As for security, I'd run a heavy duty motorbike chain throught the frames, a heavy duty cable through the wheels, and also lock the bikes together with d locks. whilst they are mounted. I'd feed the motorbike lock through the towing lug of the chassis.

hora
    Free Member

The new bike Transporter

I'd personally refer to that as the shag wagon unless your married 😉

Take a friend with you and go pullin birds

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘The new bike Transporter…finished!’ is closed to new replies.