Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • The new Bentley Bentayga.
  • CountZero

Ah, Bentley, the poor man’s luxury car……

Nah, Cadillac Escalade is the poor man’s luxury car, Bentley have a long and illustrious history of producing great racing cars, and true Grand Tourers with enough luxury to make the car a pleasure for very long drives.
    Rolls are for poncy types who can’t actually drive a car properly, but want luxury and can afford to employ someone to drive them about.
    And Rolls have produced some really awful cars, as regards build quality; a friend of mine was left a Rolls by a very famous actor, and he has to keep it in a climate controlled garage, to stop it deteriorating any more; it needed a fair amount of work to arrest the damage it was suffering. I’ve sat in it, but sadly not had a chance to get driven in it.
    Nice enough car, but no way would I have one.
    A Continental GT, in British Racing Green, however… 😉
    Oh, and both the Rolls and Bentley SUV’s have clearly hit every branch of the Ugly Tree on the way down!

Travis

I must have been in Asia too long.
    I think it’s okay.

integerspin
    Free Member

The last Bentley was made in 1931 wasn’t it?

jimjam
    Free Member

CountZero –

Nah, Cadillac Escalade is the poor man’s luxury car,

One of the richest people I know (who could afford a boat load of Bentleys) drives an Escalade. I put it down to him being a big fat mess, who prefers the extra side flange room in the Escalade. It looks preposterous over here. Dwarfs Range Rovers and Q7s

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You don’t get extremely wealthy by thinking like everyone else so why do you think that the extremely wealthy think the same aesthetics as everyone else?

If you don’t get it then the fault is with you, not it*.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

*quoted from a bloke selling real gold flock wallpaper for billionaire dogs kennels or something like that when asked why his products were so tacky, tasteless and fugly.

tonyg2003

Ive had one of the Caddy Escalade as a hire car in the US and I can confirm that they are dreadful to drive. The smaller Caddy saloons are pretty damn good in comparison.

muggomagic

Rolls have produced some really awful cars

I think Rolls Royce motor cars are great and are the pinnacle of super luxury cars.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘The new Bentley Bentayga.’ is closed to new replies.