Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • The nettles are stinging stronger than ever this year..
  • scuttler

Got nunchuka’d by the nettles last night for the first time this season. Deffo mind over matter.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Maybe just me but i love the tingling sensation a few hours after getting stung.

Then again I actually thought the midges helped me get through the kielder 100 a few years back. Certainly helped me to not stop

scuttler

@trickydisco

Pervert. Well that makes two of us as I was thinking the same thing when I got in bed a couple of hours later.

epicyclo

Put one of Charlie The Bike Monger’s stickers on your bars.

The one that says “Toughen up princess” or “Be more Scottish”

Both equally effective. 🙂

ChrisL

I fell into a huge patch of nettles while riding near Jedburgh once. Got stung all over my legs. It wasn’t much of a problem until the ride was over and I was getting a lift home. Then it was like the entirety of both legs were either buzzing or on fire. The nettle stings I’d experienced before were nothing in comparison. I tried to stick it out but I only lasted until lunchtime the next day when I made a dash from work to Boots for anti histamines and witch hazel cream.

On the other hand I don’t find that gorse thorns tend to stay stuck in me when I get spiked by them, so while they’re initially painful it’s not a lingering pain like nettle stings are.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I had a big clearing out project (gardening) yesterday involving eliminating lots of nettles among other things. Stung to blue blazes within seconds so juts kept going. In the end there was a blanket sting across ams and legs that became oddly pleasant – still there now >24 hours later.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘The nettles are stinging stronger than ever this year..’ is closed to new replies.