• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by fubar.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The mystery British cyclist in Faster by Michael Hutchinson
  • lunge

There is a British cyclist mentioned in Faster who a number of people talked about having the potential to be a world beater if he’s trained properly. I wondered if there had been any clues as to who this may be or if anyone would hazard a guess as to their identity.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Molgrips

richpips
    Free Member

Hora

nemesis
    Free Member

Smurf Mat (he’s Awesome, you know)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

It’s not me.

maccruiskeen

Augustus Windsock

mt
    Free Member

Ok Ok enough, it’s me but I’m of for a pint.

mildred

When was this written? I’m asking because this was the considered opinion of a few folk about Froome, before he was properly sorted by Sky.

mintimperial

Nah, can’t be Froome, Faster was only published six months or so back.

I suspect if Hutchinson did reveal who it is, most of us would never have heard of him (on account of how he doesn’t train and therefore doesn’t win stuff).

christhetall
    Free Member

Not read the book, but was listening to the Cycling Podcast this morning and Adam Blythe seems to fit the profile of a very talented rider without the discipline/desire/single-mindedness to achieve his full potential. Choose to walk away from BMC with a year left on his contract and drop out of the world tour, though maybe now wants to get back in at a different team.

lunge

I don’t think it’s Froome, it was written to recently. Blythe isn’t a bad shout thought the wording suggests it isn’t a very recent rider, I was thinking it would be from Dan Lloyd/Roger Hammond type era.

lunge

A little bump for the morning. Come on, I’m intrigued!

brant
    Free Member

Wayne Randle

fubar
    Free Member

Wayne Randle

article about him here (with a mention of Planet X):
    http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/?showtopic=42107

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The mystery British cyclist in Faster by Michael Hutchinson’ is closed to new replies.