Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • The Mrs offered to take the kids shopping whilst I got a ride in !!!! – Pics
  • Vortexracing

Well a sudden decision this morning from Mrs V was that she would be taking the kids to Wigan to do some clothes swappage and a shufty at the sales. 😀

So, not one to look a gift horse in the mouth I thought a couple of hours from the door up to Rivvy and back would be Ideal, Turkey butties and a Mince tart all packed up in the Camelback and a hip flask full of Dalwhinnie (Chrimbo pressie).

Weather held up but it was soaking under tyre, the bit of rain we had this morning and the downpour yesterday PM when I was out with Gee76 off here has nowhere to go. The ground is full. 🙁

SS Rigid was the order of the day with so much filth around, the great thing is it took 5 mins to hose off with the hosepipe when I got back.

20 miles in total, arms ache as much as my legs now 🙄

Seemed quiet with bikers but loads of Redsocks around.

Anybody else get out today?

Anyway here are some bad piccies (mobile phone)

IMAG0215 by eastham_david, on Flickr

IMAG0216 by eastham_david, on Flickr

IMAG0218 by eastham_david, on Flickr

IMAG0220 by eastham_david, on Flickr

IMAG0222 by eastham_david, on Flickr

One very full reservoir

IMAG0223 by eastham_david, on Flickr

IMAG0227 by eastham_david, on Flickr

Junkyard
    Free Member

Disappointing pics

What did the wife get 😉

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

someone stole your suspension

vdubber67
    Free Member

Is your saddle at different heights in some pcs?

Sandwich

Looks like there’s been a spate of fly-tipping in your area. 😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

someone stole your rear mech?

Vortexracing

Vortexracing

Disappointing pics, What did the wife get

A door stop in the shape of a dog (don’t ask) 🙄 , and stop moaning about the Photos you miserable bugger ! 😉

someone stole your suspension

someone stole your rear mech?

I know it’s full of thieving buggers round here

Is your saddle at different heights in some pcs?

Yip

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Did you drink the Dalwhinnie and not fall off!

Vortexracing

Only had a bit of Dalwhinne, need to keep some for night rides. 🙄

Although the bottle is dissapearing quickly. 😉

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Someone stole your shifters

Vortexracing

Someone stole your shifters

I know, they will nick owt round here if it ain’t fastened down 🙄

takisawa2

Always good to see pics, & very much the correct choice of bike. My good lady was laid up with a tummy bug, so my ride was an amble into town with the children. Hoping to get out soon though, I’m going stir crazy. There’s only so many times I can rebuild the Playmobil “Top Agents” secret cave base.

jo_h
    Free Member

Didn’t know you we’re a free agent today Dave or we’d have given you a call…slightly reluctantly dragged our lazy backsides out of bed and up to the Ambleside ride, so glad we did though, had a cracking day out, even saw some blue sky!

You about tomorrow? Looks like Tom’s gotta head down to see his Dad, which is a bit of a change of plan for us. So I might be heading to rivi for the giants first foray off road if you fancy it. Glad you got out today though!

Vortexracing

Not sure yet Jo,like I said Sarah sprang it on me, so by the time I would have rung round and arranged something we would have only had an hour or so.

I’ll see how the land lies tomorrow, she may have plans for me that I don’t know of yet 🙄

What are you and Tom up to Saturday and Sunday? I may be able to swing a pass out.

and how was Chrimbo BTW?

murf
    Free Member

I was out in the snow and put in a few miles round about nevis range. Finished off with the bottom 3rd of the DH course and nearly flattened 3x dogs/walkers that were ambling up the course! Will try and get a snow pics off my phone.

josh1982
    Free Member

Wha

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I got a KOM on strava today near your last photo felt sick for 5 mins after though 🙄

wors

Nice one, all the time riding around rivvy. I’ve never noticed those steps in wildeswood!!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

No ride is worth sending kids shopping imo

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

The downhill in Wilderswood is amazing,rooty,tech and slippy as. It finishes with a massive drop off as you go past them steps on your right after about 6 metres. Proper knacker cracker if you f00k it up!

ton

Dave……i rode today, gonna try to ride every day for a year.
    pics were as bad as yours tho……… 😉

Vortexracing

I came down the rocky bit in the Piccies, didn’t do the run through Wilderswood proper.

Wanted to see how the fully rigid thing was on a more rocky descent than the muddy footpaths around the village. I was surprised how well it coped, the only thing is your eyeballs are all over the shop 😯

Vortexracing

Dave……i rode today, gonna try to ride every day for a year.

Well done buddy, I’m going to try everyday for this Holiday. How’s the ticker going?

I was going to try a ‘Rocketdog’ self shot whilst riding, like you had on your thread a couple of days ago, but i thought it would only end in tears 🙄

ton

How’s the ticker going?

like a dodgy v12 engine…. 😆

Vortexracing

could be worse, could be a single cylinder 😉

More uplift days next year? I’m for it

ton

deffo mate.
    gonna sort a new bike in jan/feb. might even try on of them enduro events.

Vortexracing

Great, fancy one of those myself, look good fun.

are you getting a DH bike?

ton

i think so, pointless getting owt with a tripple and adjustable forks, i cant really ride up owt on something like that.
    if i do a enduro i will use the 456 and then get a dh rig for uplifts.

giantx4
    Free Member

RAD SHIT!… u lucky bugger…my mrs not so keen on takin kids shoppin while i ride out!?…

Vortexracing

RAD SHIT!… u lucky bugger…my mrs not so keen on takin kids shoppin while i ride out!?…

You have to treat them well. I pushed the boat out this Christmas and bought her a new Ironing board, she is one lucky woman. 😉

giantx4
    Free Member

Shit!… i been doin it all wrong!…. will try the ironing board method tomo!!!

Vortexracing

start with an ironing board cover, you wouldn’t want to spoil her, she may get suspicous. 😆

Gee76
    Free Member

Haha i knew it’d make it up there… And ya still alive!!! but hmm them wheels look suspiciously small 😉 😀

Lucky bugger to get out tho, looks like water was only coming from below which is an improvement on our last coupla rides.

Hope it wasn’t too expensive a ride 🙂

giantx4
    Free Member

We got a spare cover in cubd!… will recover board during night….see if works in morn when she start ironing me kekks! Lol…fingrs xd like….muddy trails…here i come!!

Vortexracing

but hmm them wheels look suspiciously small

yip still 26″, the fork for the 29er won’t be here till Saturday. 🙁

and giantx4, thats the way, spoil her rotten 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Why did you wash the bike before every foto?

Vortexracing

Because I’m anal!!!!!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘The Mrs offered to take the kids shopping whilst I got a ride in !!!! – Pics’ is closed to new replies.