Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The Mrs got a new bike, so I thought I deserved one too.
  • druidh
    Free Member

Some may have seen my post a couple of nights back showing off the Inbred I put together for Mrs Druidh.

Well, it was really just a softening-up exercise for this….

Still to get suspension sorted and the brakes aren't bleeding properly for some reason (an after lunch job I reckon).

neil853
    Free Member

Very very nice! is that the std carbon or the lt?

geoffj

A bike made out of glue and string for riding off road – are you sure?
    You'll be saying that Chinese Titanium is as good as US stuff next 🙄

Very nice though!

druidh
    Free Member

Geoff – you've hurt me deeply. Next you'll be accusing me of having a road bike with disc brakes.

jfeb
    Free Member

Looks great. Very tastefully colour-coordinated!

geoffj

Geoff – you've hurt me deeply. Next you'll be accusing me of having a road bike with disc brakes.

😆

tinsy
    Free Member

So you built your wife a hardtail that though very pretty indeed weighs more than your full sus, dont let her pick your bike up!!!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

V swish druid, v swish indeed. NN on the front though? 😯

cinnamon_girl

That looks seriously lovely druid but why did you not build mrs druid a Juliana? His and hers is the way to go 😉

tang
    Free Member

nice. weight? got to be light.

RealMan
    Free Member

Looks very nice, except for the pedals. Wrong shade of red.

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, pedals stand out as looking a bit wrong.

24.5lbs?

jimmy

i'd happily have either of those. nice work.

Spud

I like the pedals, they the Ti version?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Did you take an apple break before building the SC? 😉

Both looking good 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback.

That's the Blur XC Carbon.

Pedals are the red Candy Ti's. I've been using Eggbeaters on the hardtail, so I thought I'd give these a go.

Weight is 23.4lbs as measured on the bike shop scales. I must weigh it on my own to check for consistency. I'm pretty happy with that as I don't think I've sacrificed rideability anywhere to gain a weight advantage.

And the apples are part of my 5-a-day.

hh45
    Free Member

That looks fab and it must go like a train, up hill and down. (I know its rude to ask but what cost – was any of it second hand?).

druidh
    Free Member

The saddle is off my old Meta (well, it's comfy and "run-in").

The cost was…..

…oh aye. Like I'm gonna post that here 😉

NZCol

Oh man thats nice and exactly what I am pondering building..damn you

sem
    Free Member

What headset did you fit? I'm waiting on a new hope tapered reducer so that I can fit some 1&1/8th forks to my LTc.

druidh
    Free Member

The XCc takes a standard headset. That's actually a Race Face Deus in mine.

sem
    Free Member

Ahh sorry, assumed they did the same ridiculous thing with the Blur XCc frame as well. It's a real custom job for the LTc.

Kramer
    Free Member

Short travel full susser with 26" wheels? It's a bit niche isn't it? 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Looking forward to a good pwning at the weekend druidh 😛

druidh
    Free Member

druidh – Member

Weight is 23.4lbs as measured on the bike shop scales. I must weigh it on my own to check for consistency.

Just done that. Comes in at almost exactly 24.3lbs (11.02Kg). Either I remembered it wrong or the bike shops scales are a bit optimistic (I calibrated the home ones).

Swello
    Free Member

Very nice indeed – looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. Can you get it muddy yet? 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Swello – it has already been up one muddy hike-a-bike and round Laggan. Possible ride next thu/fri?

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Are you running tubeless or not?

matt_outandabout

hubba hubba hubba – I like that.

Dougal
    Free Member

Can see where the 3lbs appears from over my bike;

Frame +300g
    Fork +300g
    Wheels +350g
    Brakes +100g
    Saddle +100g
    Grips +100g
    Seatpost +50g
    Bars +50g
    Rotors +50g

All adds up even with underestimates.

Stunning looking bike though, all good tough stuff. Replied to your poploc + XTR thread, hope it helps.

boxelder

Did you take an apple break before building the SC?

…which helped him grow a few inches taller by the looks

Bunnyhop

Oh no I hope hubby doesn't see it, he's wanting a F.S and this does look nice.
    Welcome to the ladies on one club mrs druidh. I love mine, but i don't have the white accesserories.

druidh
    Free Member

GSI-Man – Yes. I've fitted the standard NNs with a Joes kit. Seems to be holding up OK. Still to experiment with tyre pressures to see if it makes a lot of difference, but really just hoping to reduce pinch-flats.

Dougal – I know there are lighter bits available, but I'm trying to compromise for the sake of some ruggedisation. Thanks for the comment on the Poploc thread – I'll stick up a photo of my solution in a moment.

So far, it's working out just fine. It's light enough to easily shoulder up a non-existent path for 500M of ascent and comfy enough to descend at (my) speed and to take on Laggan red.

I reckon that the 120mm forks are just acceptable when climbing – the front end feels very light but doesn't wander. 100mm was an option but I really wanted the Maxle.

My only issue so far has been with the seatpost slipping. Reading through MTBR, this seems to be a fairly common complaint. Of course, I was also a bit wary of over-tightening given I've fitted a carbon seatpost. In any case, I think I'm gonna give the Gravity Dropper a try-out on it as soon as I get a shim. The frame already has cable stops for a seatpost remote too. I might tart it up with an ano red clamp.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘The Mrs got a new bike, so I thought I deserved one too.’ is closed to new replies.