Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The movie 'Drive'
  • jonnycritchley
    Free Member

I saw this at the cinema and just watched it again on doovde. Recommended absolutely. That is all.

Jamie
    Free Member

I loved it. Really good. Reminded me a lot of Vanishing Point.

Awesome soundtrack as well.

I know DezB loves it also.

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

One of the best films made in my lifetime. That is all. I just wish there was a weenie bit more action, but I know that had to sacrificed somewhat to make it the classy movie it was. Cinematography was legendary, and much more deserving of recognition that Winding Refn’s direction I feel.

sharkattack

i was considering slipping the DVD in a mere 30 minutes ago. you might have talked me into it.

i watched it a few weeks ago and been waiting for a chance to give it a second viewing, which i do not give lightly.

stanfree
    Free Member

It was ace IMO, though I enjoyed more the first time around.

corroded
    Free Member

Mood, soundtrack and cinematography were great but I found it ultimately unsatisfying. Have I filed it alongside Lost in Translation as a triumph of style over substance. Love both films btw.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I thought it was ok. I don’t get the hype over it, but I don’t weep from my mangina over John Lewis ads either 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

Lost in Translation as a triumph of style over substance. How is that a good thing? Lost in Translation was rubbish. And I hate TV Adverts.

DezB
    Free Member

One of the best films made in my lifetime

Blimey, 2 year olds with STW logins. Whatever next! 😆

jonnycritchley
    Free Member

I enjoyed it. But then again, I like a Latte and a slice of Carrott cake on a Sunday afternoon so who am I to judge anything, ever?

headfirst
    Free Member

Just to add some balance, and because this is STW…

I thought it was shite. A load of over-stylised horse manure.

DezB
    Free Member

Views like that will be remembered, headfirst. 🙂

grum
    Free Member

I liked it, not sure what the point was of some of the ultra violence though.

scuzz
    Free Member

Smug smug smug smug smug

Kinda ruined it for me
    🙂

Rich
    Free Member

Hated the violence, hated the scenes where they were staring in silence endlessly.
    Not one for me.

jon1973
    Free Member

I liked it. Was also very impressed with Act Of Valour, which also seems to be a ‘love it or hate it’ type film.

godzilla
    Free Member

Totally over rated movie.

3 / 10, i also deleted the soundtrack from all devices as thats crap too.

Karinofnine

I bought it because, amongst others, I love ‘car’ movies, ie Faster, Fast and Furious, Christine, Drive Angry. I love silly big effect beat-em/shoot-em -ups, ie Willis/Stallone/Shwarzenegger/Statham. I did not love this movie. Waaaaay too few cars. I can see the point of the brooding, intense, I-love-whatever-the-leading-man’s-name-is but it’s not for me.

Pigface
    Free Member

I liked it.

Lifer
    Free Member

Me too.

labsey
    Free Member

Also liked it. Thought it was a good film.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I bought it because, amongst others, I love ‘car’ movies,

Are you this woman?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/oct/10/woman-sues-drive-trailer

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Hated the violence, hated the scenes where they were staring in silence endlessly.
    Not one for me.

So you’re more of a die hard 4 come period drama fan?

3 / 10, i also deleted the soundtrack from all devices as thats crap too.

Some have taste… some dont. :p

somafunk

I liked it, in fact i watched it again straight away after the first viewing with the sound way up blasting through my monitors and sub, very stylish film that left many unanswered questions in my mind.

I dislike or rather hate mindless Holywood big budget movies such as fast n’ furious, arnie/stathem/willis/stallone/van damne/cage/cruise type movies, any so called action movies whether that be gung ho cop vs bad guy vs alien vs gang vs disaster, jerry bruckheimer type stuff wi explosions, car smashes, pointless special effects with nae plot but loads of action etc..etc. Holywood is slowly destroying the film industry by dumbing down the art of film making to suit the fat arsed popcorn munching coke swilling factory fed troglodytes that enjoy a mindless 2hr vapid escape from their lives. Sometimes holywood gets it right as in “drive” or “moon” but on the whole the holywood movie industry caters to the lowest form of intelligence.
    IE : The original swedish “let the right one in” was fantastic, i got dragged to the holywood remake with friends but walked out after 15mins and went to the pub instead.

mattbee

I thought films were meant to be entertainment? If they make money surely that means people like them?

jackthedog
    Free Member

If they make money surely that means people like them?

Which came first? The chicken, the egg or the battery farm? It’s a myth that films have to be mindless to make money. That’s a logic employed by a complacent industry justifying an ingrained culture of laziness that’s actually made possible only by the monopoly they hold over Western, English speaking cinema.

Viewed purely economically, it costs no more to make an intelligent film than a stupid one, and the few intelligent blockbusters that do slip through the net make just as much money as their dumb counterparts.

Films that insult the intelligence of the audience are the result of an industry that’s managed to muscle itself into a position where it can have contempt for the hand that feeds it. The profit a film enjoys is more closely linked to the marketing budget than the quality of the content itself.

Today’s Hollywood vapidity is an example of what happens when art and money are asked to play nicely; the art invariably loses.

If you like cinema, read this. Kermode makes the point better than anyone else could.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘The movie 'Drive'’ is closed to new replies.