• This topic has 47 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by mtbel.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • The most sensible thing I've heard about BC and Gravity Enduro
  • hels
    Free Member

My point was more – who decides when a trail is DH ? As Northwind points out, some of the easier trails at Inners are marked on the map as DH. The fact that it isn’t a measurable criteria is what I don’t like. You can’t have rules around safety issues, which require significant preparation from both organiser and racer, based on subjective criteria.

It is all just a bit silly. If it was that simple I would go around the course the day before the inspection and put up a pile of signs that say “XC TRACK HERE”. Its a foolproof scheme…

mtbel
    Free Member

No Hels. An official DH track is simply any track a DH race has or is going to be/been held on. and Yes, there are lame DH tracks.

hels
    Free Member

mtbel – you are clearly joking, so ha ha ha yes very funny. Your description covers pretty much the whole side of the hill at Innerleithen, in fact bits of the FCS waymarked XC course have had DH races sent along them. Can we have sensible replies now please ?

(P.S is it still half term ??)

mtbel
    Free Member

No I’m not joking Hels. Always has been. always will be.
    I’d have thought you of all people would realise just how many tracks up there have been raced on over the years.

don’t try and belittle me either.

neallyman
    Free Member

Dh tracks may well be easier. Hence faster speeds, hence more severe risk of injury. The other stuff might well be harder, hence slower, higher risk of issues but less severe consequences. It’s all an assessment of risk. Just saying…

Ps northwind sda races need 2 practice runs

mtbel
    Free Member

only E2 SDAs needed 2. That’s what the wee stickers Peter put on your number board at the start of each of your first 2 practice runs were to signify.
    Do they do this at all SDAs now then?

Northwind

Don’t know what E2 is but whatever it is it seems to be something I’m not- never had any wee stickers. Not that I did a lot of races mind.

mtbel
    Free Member

Northwind – E2 is the UCI ranking status for the race. Basically it means top finishers are eligible for UCI ranking points..
    in order for the SDA to run an E2 event they had to fork out a lot more money and IIRC needed to pay a UCI commissaire to oversee the race. Back before the UCI changed the criteria requirement to qualify to race a WC there used to be loads of Elites, Juniors and Experts prepared to travel to do an SDA in the hope of getting enough UCI ranking points a go at Ft Bill WC etc.
    The SDA made the decision to stop applying for E2 status years ago and AFAIK haven’t done again since. (happy to proven wrong though).
    Haven’t been near an SDA for a few years.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘The most sensible thing I've heard about BC and Gravity Enduro’ is closed to new replies.