Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The most enduro bike ever? Justin Leov's new Strive
  • chakaping
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/ews-bike-check-justin-leovs-canyon-strive-2016.html

The icing on the cake for me is the tyre plug tool with plug already in place, taped to frame.

But that cut-down Magic Mary is also worthy of respect.

Marginal gains hits enduro?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just too black….

chakaping
    Free Member

He makes up for it with the zipties IMO.

Rorschach
    Free Member

It’s not ridden by an armoured mono coloured flouro arsehat…..minus 100 points.

chakaping
    Free Member

Fluoro is a bit 2014 though.

goodgrief
    Free Member

The dust on that tyre turd makes it completely useless. He’d still have to get the rubber solution out of his bag/pocket so I’m calling bullshit on this one!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Marginal gains hits enduro?

Considering Graves got 8th with a crash on one stage and 2 snapped chains that sort of thing matters and will make a difference.

DanW
    Free Member

The icing on the cake for me is the tyre plug tool with plug already in place, taped to frame.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think Ergon (his grip sponsor) licensed this tool which makes it even more pointless.

chakaping
    Free Member

The dust on that tyre turd makes it completely useless. He’d still have to get the rubber solution out of his bag/pocket so I’m calling bullshit on this one!

I presume he’s tried it out in training.

If it was an April Fool then it’s hands down the best bike-related one I’ve seen and shows a level of planning and subtlety that I find unlikely.

Northwind

I liked “around 76psi” “Alright Justin, I’ve set up your fork to around 75psi” “YOU IDIOT! Add around another psi!”

goodgrief – Member

Not true this- I’ve used one when it turned out I’d lost the solution and it held just from the interference fit and pressure, then the tubeless sealant glommed up the hole reasonably well. It still leaked, I had to reinflate a few times but that’d be fine.

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe he applies glue to it and wraps it in clingfilm just before the race?

Or just gives it a blow and pops his hand in his pocket for the glue.

singlespeedstu

The dust on that tyre turd makes it completely useless. He’d still have to get the rubber solution out of his bag

So the tubeless solutiont he already has in his tyres will be rendered useless because there’s a bit of dust on the plug?
    Think you might be trying to ever complicate shit.
    All this stuff has been done before without being classed as factory/rad/groundbreaking/ Nduro…

goodgrief
    Free Member

I’ve used tyre turds, I’ll stand by what I said. If it’s dry, it’s physically not going in a small hole. Larger holes don’t provide the “hold” to keep them in under pressure.

singlespeedstu

If it’s dry, it’s physically not going in a small hole.

If it’s a small hole your tubeless solution is not working.
    If it’s a large hole bang another slug in…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The most enduro bike ever? Justin Leov's new Strive’ is closed to new replies.