Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The most boring thread of the day – PC iCal equivalent…
  • PrinceJohn

Is there anything out there?

What I want is a bit of software that allows you to share several calendars over a network, allowing each user to modify if required.

Having googled this extensively I’m some what perplexed & confused why there doesn’t seem to be anything like ical out there?

Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Google

PrinceJohn

But doesn’t each user have to log in to that? I’d rather have something that each user can access from the desktop & not have to log in via a browser.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dannybgoode

Outlook surely?

Or Thunderbird with whatever their plug-in calendar is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I see where your coming from there but a browser is just another bit of software, I log into it about once a month now and it stays logged in. Is this for work? YOu should be able to use Outlook/thunderbird/em client etc with your mail provider to do a calendar.

molgrips
    Free Member

share several calendars over a network, allowing each user to modify if required.

Live.com does this afaik.

I think calendars follow an open standard, so they can all sync with each other. You may not be familiar with this concept as an Apple user 😉 You could almost certainly find a desktop calendar client that would work with the different options. Live also supports different calendars within the same provider afaik – my phone syncs with my personal one, a fmaily one and my google one.

As for logging in – the sites all remember you so you just open the bookmark and it’s all there.

Cougar

Google Calendar would be my vote. I don’t really see why the browser should be an issue, but there’s a Chrome App version if that tickles your barnacles any better? (Though I’m not immediately seeing any benefit over a shortcut to the web page…)

PrinceJohn

Ok – think I’ve found it – Sunrise calendar. Uses the google calendar, but makes it look pretty & runs in a ‘stand-alone’ app.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I used to use google calendar until they messed around and made accessing shared calendars from windows devices difficult. Now using outlook.com with no problems to date on anyones device.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The most boring thread of the day – PC iCal equivalent…’ is closed to new replies.