Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The morning commute
  • numbnuts
    Free Member

Whilst cycling into work this morning i met a friend of mine sat on the side of the cycle track in penmaenmawr having a rest nothing unusuall u may think however this friend of mine lives nowhere near me and had set off at 4am from his home near wrexham to cycle to a meeting :-)on Anglesey a total distance of 82 miles into a force 5 head wind all the way.It just got me thinking how far other people have commuted to work. No he wasn’t cycling home

stevenc
    Free Member

Christ, and I thought my 27 mile round trip to college was bad! Its proper dedication I guess on his part.

amplebrew

Bet you got a bit of a shock!!! 😯

Don’t say he was on a fixed wheel as well!!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neilsonwheels
    Free Member

11 miles in and 35 miles back. 😀

crazy-legs

When the family visited my aunt and uncle in Brighton, I often used to ride back to my Mum’s in south London. It’d be when I was home from university and we’d visit for a day at Easter or Christmas. Drive down with my bike and kit in the car then I’d ride home and I wouldn’t have to carry anything, that’d go back inthe car. 🙂 A nice ride of about 65 miles.

numbnuts
    Free Member

no amplebrew he had some gears not sure he will be doing it again any time soon he was pretty tired in work
    I thought my ride of 18 miles each way was enough too

tomhoward

😳 5 miles. Round trip. 😳

amplebrew

That takes some commitment.

I have either 10 miles of 7 miles each way, depending on which route I take.

I only tend to take a really long route on the way home after work.

mrmo
    Free Member

16.5miles each way, definitely felt like summer on the way today, sun out, trees starting into leaf.

beej

Mile and a half. Each way!

bellerophon
    Free Member

Mrmo, I have the same distance, that is *ahem* when I commute. Fair play for the ops mate

simondbarnes

Only 45km each way here although I have been extending the ride home to anything from 50-85km)

andrewh
    Free Member

8 miles in.
    Back depends on the weather.
    Used to do 35 each way in old job/house, didn’t need to do much other training really.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The morning commute’ is closed to new replies.