Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The Moray Way
  • scotroutes

There was some chat about this a couple of months ago and, having ridden it recently with Metalheart as part of Bivvy-a-Month 2017, I’ve done wee write up.

http://www.blog.scotroutes.com/2017/03/moray-way-no-way.html

TL;DR a fine ride but don’t be tempted into following the signposted route between Cromdale and Ballindalloch 😆

metalheart
    Free Member

don’t be tempted into following the signposted route between Cromdale and Ballindalloch

Amen brother.

Also, after a long day, don’t try dropping your pizza on the floor in order to cool it down…. 😳

roverpig

Thanks, I enjoyed reading that.

Poopscoop

Great read and pictures!

Definitely inspired to have a few adventures this year thanks to reads like this. 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I used to stay at Delnapot and tried the section to Cromdale the other way. It was a nightmare of field margins, gates and bog. The ride along the northern side of the Spey on the B road is a peach.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I have a holiday house at Cragganmore, and I agree the Cromdale to Cragganmore route is a nightmare on a bike. Every couple of years I will ride it again, as I forget how bad it is.

stewart4444
    Free Member

excellent. I enjoy your blog.
    was just thinking it’s been a while since the last update

kcal

yes, no shame in taking road detours when they’re like the back road as above. it really is a lovely and – in experience – quiet road.. plenty route choices round Ben Aigen too, my route involved some of the Monster Trails on a cross bike and then high up round Ben Aigen..

swavis

I told you the other road was fine, should’ve listened 😆

kcal

🙂 at some points, you have to learn by your own mistakes I guess. That’s what keep telling myself..

himupstairs

I have a wee but n ben on the east side of the haughs of cromdale, and as an alternative you could follow the Avon instead of the Spey and pick up some of the crown estate trails.
    there’s a path over the hill from Cromdale to Mains of Inverourie, and various ways to get north to Ballindalloch, on and off road.

scotroutes

at some points, you have to learn by your own mistakes I guess. That’s what keep telling myself..

There’s an element of truth in that, plus I’ve ridden the road option before and things do change- sometimes for the better.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘The Moray Way’ is closed to new replies.