Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The Monday Morning Debrief No.1
  • Dave
    Free Member

Here’s what sone of us did this weekend:

http://singletrackworld.com/blogs/2012/11/the-monday-morning-debrief-no-1/

Let’s see what you all got up to then. Where did you ride? How was it for you?

Hells

Had a great blast around Sherwood Forest yesterday morning. Nice and frosty. Breaking the ice on puddles! 😀

beej

4 hours on the Anthem, in prep for next week’s Brass Monkeys. 3 hours out off road on the Ridgeway, and hour coming back on the road.

Coffee and bread pudding in Lambourn.

dabble
    Free Member

Tough Mudder Norrh West at cholmenderey castle. 5 Stitches in my knee courtesy of the Everest obstacle but still finished. Hoo-rah!

lucifer
    Free Member

Looks like fun.
    Our weekend was a mix of biking and skiing fun, then biking again…
    A typical November weekend

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I sat on the sofa for most of the weekend recovering from knee surgery. Sunday was a frustratingly nice day 😥

miketually
    Free Member

I went for a quick monstercross #fixietwat #nichecore local autumn ride on The World’s Ugliest Bike:

I got dirty in the Buff:

mattjg
    Free Member

3 hour SS blast around Swinley on Saturday morning, guided by a local. Fast by my standards, it was a real fight to stay hanging on the tail of the group and I knew I’d done a ride by the end!

Swinley’s not flat, it’s (ummm) ‘hummocky’, you are never but never off the pedals for more than a few seconds.

Pigface
    Free Member

Fat bike shenanigans around the Gower, hilight was descending from the trig on Rhosilli down, Fatties can really fly if you have a bit of faith in them or are just ignorant 😀 first ride in about 3 months and first proper mountain bike ride in years. No beaches just natural going, bloody great fun.

mangoridebike

I did the This is Enduro Now Enduro (That was Enduro Then?) and loved it, pic from the top of the first stage below and build up and post event discussion here:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/this-is-enduro-now

Top work by the Dudes and No Fuss 🙂

Top of stage 1 (PixUp) by Chris_Read_3, on Flickr

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Local Bike Club Quiz night friday
    Ride Sat afternoon
    Chilled out Sunday
    Some chilled Dh runs this afternoon – Mon Night here 🙂

D0NK

first proper SS ride since June on saturday, local slog through the mud, legs weren’t too bad but my arms gave up halfway round and I suffered….a lot. Very wet, lots of sloppy mud, burnt through my rear brake pads, despite endura’s finest I had cold wet toes by the end, head to toe covered in filth good stuff.
    sorry no pics.

was that pic of fremmy edge taken this weekend? blue sky? how?

miketually
    Free Member

was that pic of fremmy edge taken this weekend? blue sky? how?

It was a gorgeous clear day Oop North on Sunday morning.

timraven

Real Ale Wobble for me, beer festival, muddy ride with free beer, beer festival. Really slow start on Sunday 😆

Great fun..

schmiken

BUCS cyclocross up in Durham, finished a very respectable 17th and was one of the Loughborough team to win gold in men’s team event!

25 miles with the Dorset Rough Riders. Hants/ Wilts/ Dorset border.

jimmy

Dudes of Hazard here, too. What a GREAT weekend…

(Except no curry >:|)

Drac

I rode here.

IMG_1696 by Lee Collis, on Flickr

It was ace but if anyone has seen the guy in the photo can they point him home.

rOcKeTdOg

got all christmassy http://a-pic-a-ride.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-christmas-market-ride.html
    and found a new cafe that lets dirty bikes inside

@yorkbakerycafe by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

rewski
    Free Member

@ mattjg – ain’t swinley fun, I was there with my 9 year old Sat morning, couldn’t believe how quiet it was.

rewski
    Free Member

double post due to chrome and flash player malfunction

chiefgrooveguru

Playing in the woods, including trying out this drop a friend had built the day before (he’d kindly built a small one for skill/bravery building):

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO_hnM_4nlQ[/video]

drofluf
    Free Member

beej – Member
    4 hours on the Anthem, in prep for next week’s Brass Monkeys. 3 hours out off road on the Ridgeway, and hour coming back on the road.

Coffee and bread pudding in Lambourn.

Bit of a mudfest up there isn’t it?

I was up for about an hour testing out my new gears, think I brought most of the Ridgeway back with me 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

@rewski yeah and I think it’s really beneficial to be away from our home trails (that more or less we can do on auto-pilot) and on new turf. There are some fit lads amongst us and everyone was knackered. Mentally as well as physically, because the concentration, like the pedalling, is non-stop, if going hard.

And in the same breath, you can take your littl’un there and cruise around having a mellow time too.

I think I’ll be there more.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘The Monday Morning Debrief No.1’ is closed to new replies.