Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • The moment when someone you thought was OK utters those immortal words….
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

It’d be called culturism not culturalism – culture is the noun.

1. you are surprised i got it wrong?
    2. I even spelt it incorrectly
    3. yes you are of course correct

vegasdave
    Free Member

I know a French man that likes Wrights Pies.

buzz1024
    Free Member

“I think racism should be renamed anticulturalism.

I have no problem with decent people of any background, I have a problem with negative cultures that clash with mine.

Skin colour has nothing to do with it as far as im concerned. “

couldn’t agree more

Kevevs
    Free Member

I have no problem with decent people

ahh yes, decent people. It’s funny how decent people are decent right up till they get caught! It’s always the bloody decent people.

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^^

Decency is in the eye of the beholder!

Much like most personality traits I guess…

Junkyard
    Free Member

You are just redefining racism and instead of saying your skin makes you better it is now your culture that makes you better. I dont see a great deal of difference tbh. It is just an attempt to over intellectualise your sense of superiority and dislike of other races /cultures you view as inferior.
    See the language the BNP use for example and it fits in with your view focusing on assimilation and stressing we are Aboriginals here.
    As this is a mongrel race with curry as the most popular dish I do wonder how your attempts would actually work and what you would define as “our” culture.

yes decent means agrees with me as if tolerance is not part of our culture.

iDave
    Free Member

decentist

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m lost now.

Can I just abuse you JY?

donsimon
    Free Member

Wasn’t it the case many years ago that there was generally agro between the locals and anyone different. I remember stories about the agro between Bradford locals and university students until an easier target came along.

genghispod
    Free Member

slimjim78 – Member

I think racism should be renamed anticulturalism.

I have no problem with decent people of any background, I have a problem with negative cultures that clash with mine.

Skin colour has nothing to do with it as far as im concerned.

Absolutely. I have no problem with anyone at all but it seems many of them either have a problem with me/us or they want to take advantage of our welfare system without contributing.

And as for different, don’t get me started on Women! Bloody Hell FFS! Now there’s another species entirely!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Can I just abuse you JY?

yes e-mail in profile do you want to visit me or shall i visit you?

Poor troll or moron above either way I am not rising to it….. I am only rising for DD

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t have kids so I can’t comment on this thread.

Kevevs
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00uaB51ivXU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Everybody is prejudiced against others to some degree, now that is undoubtedly true.

Agreed. It’s little mouthy blokes that get right on my tits. I’d give the lot of em a right old slaaaaap if I thought I could get away with it…..

😉

grum
    Free Member

Absolutely. I have no problem with anyone at all but it seems many of them either have a problem with me/us or they want to take advantage of our welfare system without contributing.

I agree completely, the Daily Mail is an excellent source of information on this.

ji
    Free Member

If you want to frighten yourself with how easily everyone picks up racist tendencies through society and upbringings, take this test from Harvard – click the link Hereand then select Race IAT on the next page. Interestingly even most black people (in the US at least) inadvertently seem to be biased towards white people!

DrJ

I’m going on a march

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU[/video]

trailmonkey

😆

excellent work.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Depending on the size of your tinfoil hat, I found it interesting that the original clip of the musalimic raygun came from Press TV.
    Press TV happens to be a state run Iranian television company with a level of impartiality that makes Fox news look like the BBC.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And I found it interesting that amongst other high profile individuals, including MPs, both Andrew Gilligan, and of all people, Nick Ferrari, have worked for Press TV. Tony Blair’s sister still does.

I’m not a racist, but …….. any state owned Iranian English language television company must, by definition, be less impartial than Fox News.

I mean think about it …….. Rupert Murdoch doesn’t even wear a turban.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I am a Fat-ist… 😈

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I work alongside a young guy from Pakistan who thinks that all Afro-Caribbean people are stupid…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

He needs correcting, all races have stupid people!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Interesting, apparently: “Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for African American compared to European American.”

Don’t know what that means, though. White guilt? Like jazz? Beats me.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What if someone sed ‘I am a racist, but I quite like people from other ethnic backgrounds’? 😐

MrWoppit
    Free Member

They’d be confused.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Self-hating Jew?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah, the SHJ thing; Jewish friends have explained this to me. In fact some have bin accused of this by other Jewish people. An interesting subject…

Agreed. It’s little mouthy blokes that get right on my tits. I’d give the lot of em a right old slaaaaap if I thought I could get away with it…..

Blimey. Good thing we don’t know anyone like that, eh Peter? 😯

IanW
    Free Member

Yawn…..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

We keeping you up, Ian? 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It’s well past his bedtime, his mum will be along to put a stop to him soon

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Blimey. Good thing we don’t know anyone like that, eh Peter?

Yeah I spose it is……

ell_tell
    Free Member

I once met a man from Bengal
    Who went to a fancy dress ball

He thought he would risk it
    And dress as a biscuit
    But a dog ate him up in the hall

I long for the day when all the people of the world, yellow, red, black & white, can live together in peace and harmony.
    Except the French, of course.

Edric64
    Free Member

Best one I heard was a bloke in a bar a few years ago moaning about foriegners coming here and taking jobs saying that he was going to Spain to open a bar!When I pointed out he would be a foriegner working abroad he got really funny!!!!!!!!

BruceWee

You are just redefining racism and instead of saying your skin makes you better it is now your culture that makes you better. I dont see a great deal of difference tbh. It is just an attempt to over intellectualise your sense of superiority and dislike of other races /cultures you view as inferior.

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article190268.ece

Personally I think that the fact that I come from a culture where rape is generally not acceptable while others come from a culture where it is makes me culturally superior. If that makes me racist then so be it.

In a recent debate here in Norway about the fact that such a staggering percentage of rapes were committed by men of non-western origin a suggested solution was to send male asylum seekers on a course were they would learn that in western culture rape is not OK. I’m a bit skeptical about whether that will work.

Having lived in the middle east for a number of years I’ve seen plenty of examples of what I consider to be cultural inferiority such as using people from the subcontinent as virtual slave labour.

I really don’t think you can call people who have a problem with other cultures racists.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Personally I think that the fact that I come from a culture where rape is generally not acceptable while others come from a culture where it is makes me culturally superior.

Eh? In what culture is rape ‘acceptable’?

Explain please.

I’m not suggesting for a minute that two rights make a wrong, but does anyone think that African, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Jewish etc communities get their knickers in such a twist when one of their brethren make a comment that could be construed as racially unacceptable to white British people. Maybe they do, but I doubt it.

BruceWee

In the DR Congo and Rwanda it is so common it seems to be part of the culture at least among males.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

does anyone think that African, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Jewish etc communities get their knickers in such a twist when one of their brethren make a comment that could be construed as racially unacceptable to white British people. Maybe they do, but I doubt it.

Why do you ‘doubt it’, STR? Is your doubt based on any actual experience of living amongst such communities and people, or just your own prejudices?

FWIW, I have seen a lot of racism from Asian people towards others, and also from Black people. Racism isn’t the preserve of Whites.

The very worst most destructive racism I’ve encountered (and suffered) has all bin from White people. This does not however cloud my judgement or vision of White people, as I am fortunately sufficiently enlightened to know that racism is inherent more within the individual rather than a particular culture or ethnic group.

And in my experience, yes, many people of ethnic/cultural minorities do indeed get their ‘knickers in a twist’ over racist comments from others.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘The moment when someone you thought was OK utters those immortal words….’ is closed to new replies.