Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The missus is away – why does it feel so great to be on your own?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Liberation?

I sent her that in a text when she asked how’s things?

I said I’m enjoying the silence and doing more work at home and not just at work. She’s miffed.

I don’t care! Freedom!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#OneHandedWeb

Drac

She says she’s just kidding.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Must be the nagging… oh she’s miffed alright and starting text nagging till I told her she needs to relax.

One handed web research gets boring after a few days.

Cook or do what you want – midlife..

It’s just great to walk around in bear skin too.

Kitchen is a mess but that’s what the dishwasher is for!

Freedom! Although I missed at first now I’m enjoying being single for another 4 days.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    She says she’s just kidding.

Surprised she can talk with her mouth full.

(I’ll get my coat.)

Drac

It’s just great to walk around in bear skin too.

ElShalimo

Just you wait until bearnecessities reads this, he’s not going to be happy

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Think I might watch a move…

[video]https://youtu.be/3ycmmJ6rxA8[/video]

crankboy
    Free Member

Crankygirl was supposed to be getting drunk in a barn with her mates for the weekend an eye infection and cold has killed my weekend of beer scalextrix and a hot date with my 6 year old son in his favourite Japanese restaurant… Still got the scalextrix in though?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My girlfriend and I have our own houses, in towns 20 miles apart (can cycle, drive or train between both easily).

This has worked very well for us.

kerley
    Free Member

If you are enjoying it that much it is probably telling you something that you may or may not want to act on.

choppersquad
    Free Member

It doesn’t happen often but when Mrs Squad is away for a weekend I just seem to spend most of the time listening to my music cranked up loud.
    She does enjoy it when I’m away too, but I don’t think Take That sound quite as good at full volume?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I always look forward to her going, but hate it when she’s away.

ourmaninthenorth

When Mrs North is away the house is scrupulously tidy, spotlessly clean and runs like clockwork.

Then she returns and chaos resumes..!

lunge

A day or 2 is great fun, much more and I get bored and start to miss her. But 2 days is bliss, and in fairness, I think she thinks the same when I go away.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I’ve enjoyed it but miss her but being selfish and nice to have a break.

Cleaning the house now…

nickc

My girlfriend and I have our own houses, in towns 20 miles apart (can cycle, drive or train between both easily). This has worked very well for us.

snap.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Having some time to do your own thing is beneficial, each of us will often have hobbies that the other half has absolutely no interest in and being in a relationship should not mean hobbies get ditched.

… Unless the hobby includes such things as unapproved one night stands! 😆

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Pretty sure it works both ways – in my house she likes to go to bed early and eat more healthily (apparently), drinks less beer.

I like to watch what I want (mainlining on helicopter and kung fu content), eat what I want and ride my bike a bit more! Get fed up after day 3.

Plus there is no one around to complain about the farting..

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

My girlfriend and I have our own houses, in towns 20 miles apart (can cycle, drive or train between both easily). This has worked very well for us.

snap.

Drac

dannyh
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RtLLP9oieN0[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

I dont mind being alone for a few days with son and mrs away but if they take the dog too ……. 😥

zanelad
    Free Member

Mrs Z is away for 10 days looking after the grandchildren while our daughter’s gone on holiday.

I’m loving it, but having done the square root of **** all this weekend, it’s amazing how quickly time goes when you’re alone.

senorj

It feels good because it’s a break from the norm.
    I’m counting the days until half term starts and the missus and l’il j go away for the weekend.
    As always ,she is trying to line up some DIY for me to do whilst she is away. In the past I’ve rewired the house and sanded floors etc.when they’ve been away.
    Not this time !
    Heres hoping for a dry weekend. 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

I always get given ‘a list’ when my missus goes away.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

snap.

Maybe you should PM each other to check the location and name of your girlfriend. 😉 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The missus is away – why does it feel so great to be on your own?

To me it doesn’t. I just get bored waiting for her to come home. But then she’s my best friend too, I’d rather be with her than anyone else. That’s why we got married! 🙂

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

That Catch Phrase clip is superb 🙂

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

luket

Kitchen is a mess but that’s what the dishwasher is for!

No no no. What the dishwasher is for is bike parts.

DezB
    Free Member

I can thoroughly recommend living on your own with occasional visits from the girlfriend. More sex for one thing! 😆

johndoh
    Free Member

If you are enjoying it that much it is probably telling you something that you may or may not want to act on.

I don’t believe that at all. There is nothing wrong in enjoying your own company for a bit – just because you love someone it doesn’t mean you struggle to breathe without them right by your side every single moment.

My wife used to spend quite a bit of time away (her job involved a bit of overseas travel) but now we have children she has changed job and rarely goes away (just the occasional night taking the kids to see friends that I can excuse myself from). As above, I enjoy having a bit of space and listening to music too loudly. I also often find that plans for OneHandedWeb go unacted upon as I get caught up in doing odd jobs or watching some random film my wife wouldn’t be bothered watching and it usually goes to the bottom of the list of ‘MustDos’ before the peace is shattered.

Drac

I can thoroughly recommend living on your own with occasional visits from the girlfriend. More sex for one thing!

For her anyway.

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

Has anyone else noticed that “the list” of ideas for things to do, seems to assume that your days alone will be at least 36 hours long and not require sleep?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘The missus is away – why does it feel so great to be on your own?’ is closed to new replies.