Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The Missing. Who dunnit? : Warning Spoiler content with spoilers
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ll have 50p on the guy who runs the hotel.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Agreed! However the mayor is dodgy as ****! It’s been a brilliant piece of telly from the beeb again!

waihiboy
    Free Member

Why did i just read this arrrgh!!!!

binners

My money is on Lord Lucan

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Turned out pretty good, this. I’d tentatively say 6 episodes not 8 would have been pretty much perfect.

Garret or Bourg seem too obvious, but maybe they knew about it. Mum or Dad, outside possibility. Baptiste seems unlikely. The journo, he did benefit a lot from the story and is pretty ruthless. Could be the hotelier but him & his wife have been a bit peripheral to the narrative so far. Mayor? could be, although again, quite a peripheral character.

My money’s on the English copper. He appeared to be already in France when it happened…

GrahamS

I’ll have 50p on the guy who runs the deserted fairground.

WackoAK
    Free Member

I’ll have 50p on the guy who runs the hotel.

Yeah he was in last night’s episode too much.

The Mrs still reckons the English copper has a part in it.

geoffj

Michael Barrymore, in the swimming pool with a……

binners

Jimmy Saville?

slowclimb
    Free Member

What – the hotel owner with the same surname as the mayor?…
    Surely not 😉

rascal
    Free Member

I think it’s too obvious to be the hotel owner or her hubby – the coin is pointing directly at them.
    They wouldn’t let the cat out of the bag with a whole episode to go IMHO.
    I think there’s another twist in this yet….Brit copper for me (based on the above) 😉

hels
    Free Member

Gingerist !

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s been a brilliant piece of telly from the beeb again!

Its been good but its gone on for far too long. Could have been done in three episodes and it would have been far more engaging.

Mayor certainly appears like he has something to hide, possible child abuse ring. British cop was involved, things went to far but he can’t say anything as he would be fingered implicated. That could be his reason for pulling out of the marriage.

I guess though as it comes towards the end, finally, most charterers will be made to look as if it could be them. Last nights was mayor and hotel owner, plus a few others possibly as I dozed off.

slowclimb
    Free Member

British policeman and the kid thats supposedly his son is Oliver Highes is my bet, and the mayor and the hotel owners are all in on it too.

bigG
    Free Member

given that the evidence in the bag looked a lot like the female hoteliers sobriety medal my money is on her being implicated, perhaps in colusion with the guy going through hormone treatment.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

British policeman and the kid thats supposedly his son is Oliver Highes is my bet

Nah. The mother saw the British policeman’s kid the day after the abduction. She thought it was Oliver from a distance as they were similar age and build, once she got up close she realised that it wasn’t her son.

I think it’s been a good series, certainly very watchable but some way short of brilliant. Best brit TV for me this year was probably Happy Valley.

senorj

It’ll be the Illuminati , trying to control the masses.
    Good eyes bigG.

Not as good as The Fall imo.

slowclimb
    Free Member

Nah. The mother saw the British policeman’s kid the day after the abduction.

Yeah but I reckon that was another kid and he is part of some kid trafficking thing

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Its been good but its gone on for far too long. Could have been done in three episodes and it would have been far more engaging.

Would have been tricky squeezing it all down to three.

How about the they-nearly-all-did-it ending?

The hotelier was present, but having a relapse, drunk, watching the football, didn’t see what happened, but dropped his magic coin which placed him at the scene. Bourg grabbed the boy, but moved him straight on to the Brit copper, who was the next link, and is the man in the video. Garret was the mastermind/link-to-the-paedo-ring/etc and hence paid for Bourg’s alibi to avoid getting found out. Brit copper moved the boy on to the mayor, and the boy is buried in the mayor’s cellar.

The journo is just a scumbag.

Detective Baptiste is just a detective.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve changed my mind. It was the English cop.

He has switched whatever was in the evidence bag to implicate the hotel owner. The coin had no usable forensic evidence and the only two people who knew what was originally in the bag were the journalist, who he silenced with the threat of a French jail, and the ex copper that was stabbed.

The English copper was involved with Ken Stott in researching Pete Townsend’s book. The Mayor was propped up with Uncle Ken’s money and is mixed up with Romanian people smugglers and other such naughtiness. The Mayor used his Romanian criminal contacts to have the cop killed at the railway station and the other one stabbed in jail before they could blab.

The hotel owner makes the ideal candidate for being fitted up.

Or, the cop with the wonky leg’s wife did it.

It was definitely one of them.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I think it’s the English policeman. He knew of the visit to the prison by Baptiste and and the Hughes couple. The bent French policeman was stabbed prior to their meeting.

English policeman in the library with the mayor with the candlestick.

Gary_M
    Free Member

e knew of the visit to the prison by Baptiste

Yes but did you not see the prisoner at the next table ear wigging on their conversation during the first visit. He must have passed the info on to someone involved.

dingabell
    Free Member

Detective Baptists did it with his buddies that were in Die Hard with him.

rascal
    Free Member

5 mins to we find out – also given head’s up on the other Missing thread 🙄

hels
    Free Member

I don’t buy it being the English cop, for starters, whoever it was had somebody killed in a French prison. The Rumananian gangster connection has never really been explained. Who were France playing in the football that night ?

ricky1
    Free Member

It’s on now….shhh

mrchrispy

5 mins behind on catchup already….better avoid this thread for the next 50 mins.

But the first few mins!!!!
    Holy cow

slowoldman

I’ll have 50p on the guy who runs the deserted fairground.

He’d have got away with it if it hadn’t been for those pesky kids.

woody21
    Free Member

That was a shock

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘The Missing. Who dunnit? : Warning Spoiler content with spoilers’ is closed to new replies.