Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The Missing
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

O.K. Before the last programme is aired tonight, who do you think did it?

My money’s on Julien Baptiste, the ex-cop investigator.

I’m pretty sure I saw him by the pool just after the boy was kidnapped, then he turned up later after apparently being called in to help…

Plus, he’s the most unlikely suspect.

soobalias
    Free Member

owners of L’Eden

she did it to boost business, he dont like it and cant come to terms with it.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hotel Manager. He’s just a bit weird. If I hadn’t deleted all previous episodes, I’d have gone back to see whose coin it was that was found. I’ll bet there’s footage of him near the beginning with it.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

owners of L’Eden

Dang, beaten to it.

And not the only one to think it

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Well, the final scene in episode seven saw Tony saying that he knew who the owner of the gold coin is. That would be the owner of l’Eden Alain (his yearly rewards for not drinking) but, given how the whole series has been littered with red herrings, it just seems too pat somehow.

mrchrispy

+1 for the owners.

cant wait for it to finish, its very good but as a dad with a 8 year old its bloody hard to watch, couldn’t sleep the other week after it and when I did I had some crazy missing esq dreams. i need to rest!

tinribz
    Free Member

Clearly Le Maire.

avdave2

I’ve thought from the very beginning that there would be no resolution to it and no second series either.
    I’m sure to be wrong, it would be no surprise if the writers saw it that way but I can’t ever imagine the production company accepting it.

mrchrispy

I think i’ve finally accepted that the boy is dead.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

The coin was the hotel manager’s sobriety coin. He may be related to the mayor (the have the same surname), who was very chummy with Ian Garrett.

Like Tinribz my money is on the mayor.

johndoh
    Free Member

Don’t know, but very much looking forward to the conclusion tonight.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Yeah – the mayor has to be implicated. Never thought of the owners though. Obviously someone with a lot of influence. If its someone we haven’t seen yet I’ll lob the telly out the window.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Bet he’s not dead.

Harry_the_Spider

English Cop with some input from the Mayor who is mixed up with Ken Stott’s money.

I’ll be back later to collect my prize.

rascal
    Free Member

7 mins to the big whodunnit kids ❓

geoffj

What Harry said

woody21
    Free Member

Well that was a shock

rascal
    Free Member

That was plausible but WTF was that ending all about?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Was it the Russian kid then it or not?

And wtf did Garrett have to do with it all apart from being a curve ball?

rascal
    Free Member

Garrett & Vincent Bourg both red herrings.

wrecker
    Free Member

Great series but I really wanted them to get oliver back 🙁

Norton
    Free Member

Really conflicted about this series. Totally gripping, brilliantly acted and couldn’t help watching, but wondering at the same time whether the (presumed) murder of a small boy and the nature of the red herrings along the way made a fit subject for an entertainment programme.

The lead item on the following BBC news kind of put that into perspective….

I did think the Russian ending really cheapened it though in the interests of cashing in with another series. Much more powerful just to have left it on Baptiste’s final advice

senorj

Was very dusty in our house during parts of that.
    Annoyingly I’ll have to watch the second series despite it being…

Much more powerful just to have left it on Baptiste’s final advice

johndoh
    Free Member

Much more powerful just to have left it on Baptiste’s final advice

The final advice was the reason he carried on looking – looking for Oliver *was* his home.

wrecker
    Free Member

Even if they hadn’t got Oliver back, I’d have settled for some medieval retribution for that romanian.

turq

The snow scene in Russian at the end was a nod to the festive season that it was scheduled to be aired at.

Bearded man visiting children in the snow – gives you the alterate Santa.

Overall I thought it was must watch TV, great acting, good powerful story with some unrelated (In the end) storylines. This along with The Fall have made me want to put the TV on again.

votchy
    Free Member

Dear Points of View

All I can say with that ending is – ‘that’s 8 weeks of my life I’ll never get back’!! Brilliant series but thought the ending was poor, hate endings with a question mark over them and the second series will be a totally different story with potentially another question mark finale.

Disappointed of Redditch

johndoh
    Free Member

I think the clever thing is that it deliberately left viewers not really knowing what happened, just like the characters didn’t, with some able to move on with their lives, others not.

You are the Tony to the satisfied viewers’ Emily.

flyingmonkeycorps

I loved and hated the ending, I think. As a detective show it didn’t work, but as a study into the aftermath of the disappearance it kind of did. The show was played a *bit* too much like a whodunnit for it really to work though I thought.

Second series is going to be completely separate apparently, new cast, new setting, new story.

cliffyc
    Free Member

I liked it,you have it left open to sequel and have Tony go looking for the son… . The Bad Cop doing what he did (avoid slight plot-spoiler!), was a little obvious though…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘The Missing’ is closed to new replies.