• This topic has 51 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by aP.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • The miserable roadie thing.
  • poppa
    Free Member

I remember one mate of mine invited me on one of his club runs & was very worried that I'd turn up in baggie shorts & dirty shoes

And you wouldn't bat an eyelid if he turned up to a group MTB ride in a lycra bodysuit and time-trial helmet? 😆

ooOOoo
    Free Member

out on club ride yest. probably 30 of us in the group.

went past some xc lads (aged 30-40ish) de-camping from their cars next to ladybower, and could see them from a mile off smirking and starting to take the pish out of roadies, lycra etc etc. (nice bit of pointing and laughing going on)

its no suprise that roadies occasionally dont say hello, particularly with a large proportion of mtb riders being complete infantile n0bheads.

Well just take the piss back at them then. Or do you all just take yourselves too seriously for that?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

3 hour ride round my local trails yesterday. Riding the 20 mins along the road to home I said hello to about 10 roadies in ones or twos coming the other way. Best I got was a couple of curt nods. Gave up after that. It's about 2/3rd round the Etape route so a fair old plod for them, but still no excuse

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JoB
    Free Member

"Best I got was a couple of curt nods."

were they "curt nods" or just "nods"?

just because they didn't high-5 you, shout "dude" and touch your bottom, like mountainbikers have to do to each other to validate their existence…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Best I got was a couple of curt nods. Gave up after that. It's about 2/3rd round the Etape route so a fair old plod for them, but still no excuse

FFS.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

were they "curt nods" or just "nods"?

just because they didn't high-5 you, shout "dude" and touch your bottom

🙄 It was the opposite to friendly. More like "how dare you put pressure on me to acknowledge your presence"

tracknicko
    Free Member

Or do you all just take yourselves too seriously for that?

classic… im slow clapping right now for you.

Soup
    Free Member

Do we honestly need another one of these threads? Flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

classic… im slow clapping right now for you.

Thank you, thank you….too kind
    Actually you're right, riding pushbikes is a very serious business

Soup
    Free Member

When I was a roadie I thought mountain bikers were rude. Pointless discussion.

oldgit
    Free Member

A nod curt or otherwise is full on acknowledgement in roadie terms, a whole step up from the classic 'index finger one inch raise' he literaly wanted your babies.

aP
    Free Member

I'm usually happy with a gentle nod, much preferrable to the standard "here come the ****' roadies" that greets us at Peaslake from the fat, padded up warriors talking their gnarl at the bus stop.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘The miserable roadie thing.’ is closed to new replies.