Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • The middle lane
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is for overtaking. NOT for sitting at 60mph in your beige Honda Vomit.

PULL THE CHUFFIN’ FLIP OVER, YOU BRAINDEAD ASSHATS!

And breathe….

davidjones15
    Free Member

Couldn’t you mix it with the big boys in the third/overtaking/fast/reps lane? 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

Is for overtaking. NOT for sitting at 60mph in your beige Honda Vomit.

PULL THE CHUFFIN’ FLIP OVER, YOU BRAINDEAD ASSHATS!

And breathe….

Browsing the Internet and posting on here while driving seems pretty dangerous too though 🙂

Although maybe if its someone off here they will see your post and pull over !

mrchrispy

ah…one of the regular ShonkyTonkWorld early Sunday evening threads. always a winner!

Shoot them…shoot them all at dawn I say.
    How hard is it to work out that you are not passing anyone and just pull the flip in?

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

I’ve got to the point now where I just keep flashing my lights – amazing how many of these idiots don’t seem to notice…

grahamh
    Free Member

Maybe this site should be part of the driving test,How motorways work 😀 .

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Captflash; good shout.

DezB
    Free Member

You wanna try driving down here – they all do it, even the cops. Get in lane about 5 bloody miles too early and sit there.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I tend to drive rings around them. sometimes anti clockwise, sometimes clockwise. if they don’t get it then, I might do both!

singlecrack
    Free Member

No ….middle lane is fast lane …..
    Inside lane = slow lane
    Middle lane = fast lane
    Outside lane = overtaking lane

IanMunro
    Free Member

Inside lane = joining lane.
    Middle lane = traffic jam lane
    Outside lane = driving lane

😀

singlecrack
    Free Member

Or
    Inside lane= layby
    Middle lane = layby (for when layby full)
    Outside lane = for everything else

scaredypants

inside = undertaking lane
    middle = retired clergy lane
    outside = stop:start teeth-gnashing lane

butcher

Inside lane = joining lane.
    Middle lane = traffic jam lane
    Outside lane = driving lane

Round here the outside lane is the traffic jam lane while everyone crams into it, bumper to bumper, in the hope that they will zoom past the traffic that now doesn’t exist in the inside lane.

andyl
    Free Member

Middle laners really, really annoy me.

But something about a year ago (was the day after the huge pile up on the M5 by Taunton) really boiled my urine – driving on the M4 from Bristol towards London. Two girls in a metallic blue hatchback sitting in the outside lane at about 60.

I keep my distance but flash them – nothing.

Try again – nothing.

By now there was a hue queue behind me and a few BMWs, Range Rovers etc undertake.

I know the M4 will be going up to 4 lanes by Badminton so I wait, hang back and build up speed when I see the 4th lane appearing and guess what, with no indication they pull out in front of me as I (indicating) am about to overtake.

More people get pissed off and undertake – I won’t.

Eventually after the hill the lanes went back to 3 and they moved over…and then finally into the middle lane and thought it would be funny to sit behind flashing their lights.

During this time the radio was full of the news of the huge crash the night before and I am sat there thinking that these girls really do not have a clue about how dangerous their actions were.

I have never wanted to slap someone as much as I really wanted to slap those two! Really wish I had a camera on my car sometimes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Really wish I had a camera frickin’ laser beam on my car sometimes.

FTFY.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Round here the outside lane is the traffic jam lane while everyone crams into it, bumper to bumper, in the hope that they will zoom past the traffic that now doesn’t exist in the inside lane.

Same here 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

Same here 🙂

porter_jamie

i think i probably undertake at least 10 cars every time i use a motorway. i’m probably a very nuaghty boy, but i just mince along in the ‘slow lane’ in my old van and most times with the obviously head in clouds middle laner it seems more dangerous to swing out into the fast lane to merge with the audi/bmw/range rover F1 qualifying session than to slip by quietly on the left hand side. i only do about 60 mph as it gets too noisy!

i don’t feel bad about it at all.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Pah! You lot don’t know how motorways work at all!

Inside lane = 50mph
    Middle lane = 60mph
    Outside lane = 70mph

munrobiker
    Free Member

They seem to be using the overhead LED signs to tell people not to do it now. And it’s making no difference.

popstar
    Free Member

It’s all BS. Motorway driving speed limit is 70mph. So 70 in middle lane is perfect. No need to scrub around with lorries in inside lane, hate that mockery.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Motorway driving speed limit is 70mph.

And of course, you’ve never gone faster than that, have you?

So 70 in middle lane is perfect.

Not if there’s no other traffic on the road, it isn’t. Keep left unless overtaking. Regardless of how much the nasty big bad lowwies scare you…..

crazy-legs

You’re not the police – if someone wants to drive at 80, it’s not your job to stop them by driving in the middle lane. That and the fact that you’ve just reduced the capacity of a three lane motorway by a third by sitting in the middle of it.

white101

I love driving anywhere but motorways, it just seems to be the place people forget how to drive.

I must undertake more people than I overtake simply due to them not moving over whilst they update there facebook status or put on lippy or scratch there nads or sit dreaming about x factor or whatever it is those morons do……….

maccruiskeen

Browsing the Internet and posting on here while driving seems pretty dangerous too though

Sir Flashheart doesn’t drive, he gets driven. 🙂

crazy-legs

The M1 is the worst for it IME.
    A whole queue of traffic sitting there at anywhere between 55 and 80 mph in the middle lane. As soon as a gap opens up, they floor it to be 3ft behind the next car then sit there again.

vinnyeh

Sorry, can’t be driving in the inside lane except early in the morning or late at night when the roads are quiet. I’m travelling faster than the nose to tail trucks, caravans and oaps that populate the far left- if you want to overtake me while I’m overtaking them, then you’ve got another lane to move to.

To be honest I think most people, on here and elsewhere, are kidding themselves if they think they move across to the left hand lane after overtaking a car.

popstar
    Free Member

I would suggest using cruise control and enjoy comfort of new technology in cars. It’s no good driving modern car and not know the benefits of it. It’s headless driving from 60 to 75 then again sit at 70 what irritates most people. And good reading of road ahead makes your journey much safer.
    No need to argue over speed limits though, you know you’re wrong if you break the law.

takisawa2

I just undertake them, hand on horn if need be, to let them know I’m coming.
    Lifes too short for sitting behind them, getting stressed & tutting

davidjones15
    Free Member

There’s some truly awesome drivers here.

garage-dweller

I read many moons ago something about a 15second ‘rule’ the basic premis of which was if its 15 seconds or lesss to the next car to overtake then stay out. If not move over.

At 70 mph I’d say that is a pretty good balance between not impeding others and keeping the lane change count at a sensible level.

The South is shocking for MLDs and in my experience those that sit there for mile aftr mile are those with no planning or observation skills. I very much suspect that the usual MLD candidate is one or more of lazy (at driving), incompetent or fearful of changing lanes. The same people who think its safe to join a fast flowing motorway at 40mph.

popstar
    Free Member

There are right speed demons out there. Guess they don’t know how to overtake though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Inside lane = 70mph
    Middle lane = 80mph
    Outside lane = 90mph

😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Guess they don’t know how to overtake though.

I suspect they do. I also suspect that they keep left unless overtaking as well, and pull back in to the inside lane.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Outside lane = 90mph

It was a shame these twunts never got out of my way when I wanted to pass them. 👿

Cougar

Except your speedo probably over-reads by ~10%, so whilst you’re self-righteously bimbling along at “70mph” in the middle lane, you’re actually doing closer to 60mph and being a rolling roadblock.

To be honest I think most people, on here and elsewhere, are kidding themselves if they think they move across to the left hand lane after overtaking a car.

I do.

falkirk-mark

I suspect they do. I also suspect that they keep left unless overtaking as well, and pull back in to the inside lane.

Well there was at least 3 posts of undertaking which would suggest they do not know how to overtake. (these middle lane posts are getting as tedious as what tyres for and orange 5 filing cabinet pics)

falkirk-mark

Except your speedo probably over-reads by ~10%, so whilst you’re self-righteously bimbling along at “70mph” in the middle lane, you’re actually doing closer to 60mph and being a rolling roadblock

That will explain how I regularly do 80 on the motorway and have never been stopped.

popstar
    Free Member

Ok, when you walk on the street do you happen to elbow just any pedestrian because they happen to walk along just that tad slower than you?

I guess some dont realise consequences of their supposed awesome fast driving with all swearing and tooting along. And last question, when you were passing your driving test … did you exhibit all your amazing speeding skills with all swearing and tooting around to examiner?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘The middle lane’ is closed to new replies.