Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The MG 6. Has anyone actually seen one on the road?
  • Harry_the_Spider

There was one strategically placed as a mini cab in the last series of Doc Martin, but other than that I have never seen one. Do these beasts exist in the wild?

There’s a little one also that I have never seen.

Important note: I don’t want one, I’m just curious.

bol

Yep, there’s one round our way. Pretty anonymous looking thing. Would pass as a Hyundai from a few years back.

munrobiker
    Free Member

You do see the occasional one, driven by similar people to big Hyundais who see it as a good value car rather than a cheap crap car. Usually the sort of person that has England flags/stickers on their car and is a bit thick.

I think I’ve seen one of the little one and about 10 of the big one.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, passed it on Sunday t’was in metalic blue. It looked like a plastic bag from a newsagent.

robdob
    Free Member

So basically rarer and better looking than a STWers Audi A4 Estate “poverty spec with S-line kit on”. :rollseyes:

stumpy01

Seen a few on the road. Not a particularly memorable looking car to be honest.

I saw the smaller one with stuff stuck all over it to disguise it (it wasn’t working very well – they’ve even covered the badge with an octagonal bit of tape), while it was still in development but haven’t seen aany out on the road.

About as rare as the City Rover.

In other news I saw a Renault Vel Satis last week!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Saw them at an MG owners club day out, they were a bit sad really, like the worst thing you’d imagine Rover producing if it still existed, but with the MG badge. At least the ZR, ZS, ZT and TF were at least a little bit special and fit in with the MG ‘thing’ of taking middle of the road british cars and tuning them (and makeing a 2 seater).

the-muffin-man

At this stage the Chinese are using MG as a learning experience. Build the cars in the UK, gain from our expertise and sell to far east markets. The current cars don’t appeal to european buyers.

These first MG models aren’t anything special – the ones a few years down the line may be a lot better. They’ll basically mirror what Kia and Hyundai have done.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I had one as a hire car last year, for a day.

It was….ok, I suppose. Very revvy turbo petrol engine. Interior looked like a mish-mash from parts bins.

I wouldn’t like to own one.

LoCo
    Free Member

About half a dozen round the vallies, including a ‘modified’ one (which also looks crap).

thepurist

Not an MG but I did actually see one of these on the road a few weeks back.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Yes.

LOL.

franksinatra

driven by similar people to big Hyundais who see it as a good value car rather than a cheap crap car.

I therefore assume that you have not driven / owned a big Hyundai? I have just traded in my 2010 Santa Fe. Apart from the crap name it was a superb car, and all of the credible reviewers agree.

Scamper
    Free Member

Seen quite a few. But there again I do live in Longbridge.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The MG 6. Has anyone actually seen one on the road?’ is closed to new replies.