Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • The Malvern's – 3D machined model
  • stevied
    Free Member

It’s just end end of the hills. Cheaper to make some smaller versions than run the full ones through. I’ve done a 3rd which is at the anodisers, being black anodised.

stevied
    Free Member

Black anodised:

Stoner
    Free Member

v 80’s 🙂

Needs an advert like the Maxell one…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Ah, memories. Like the black one. Happy Valley comes out well. Maybe some little LEDs on the east side of North Hill*

*Often used to grin whilst looking out from kitchen window at night, as spied a regular procession of winter riders helmet lights making their way towards the Beacon

bikebouy
    Free Member

They are Ace!!

Alex

I popped in to see Steve yesterday and they look even better that the photos. My worry was the elevation didn’t really stand out (the Malverns are quite hilly!) but having had a look at the real thing, I’m definitely having one.

I also liked the one done with the grid lines. Haven’t decided which one to go for yet tho.

Steve’s a top fella as well. Making interesting things with milling machines from Alu. That’s a proper job!

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks Alex, very kind words 🙂

If anyone else would like to see the thing in the flesh, please drop me a line.My F-I-L, up near Burnley has one too, so there’s one that can be viewed up north too 😉

stevied
    Free Member

Bit of a screen-grab showing how they are done:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UQAXWh2_EE[/video]

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘The Malvern's – 3D machined model’ is closed to new replies.