Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The Mail on Sunday's FA story
  • Harry_the_Spider

Have they gone and bolloxed our World Cup bid in order to sell a few more papers?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Fingers crossed 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Fingers crossed

might one deduce that you are one of those sad few sandal wearers who doesn't have a World Cup wall chart ?

zaskar
    Free Member

Carlsberg.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes your slim chances are looking slimmer, never mind.
    Usually england wait till they get kicked out of the finals before forming an orderly queue behind the scapegoat.

tracknicko
    Free Member

imagine if this was not only the downfall of the world cup bid, but also the downfall of the daily mail as all the loutish footy fans stop buying it.

What a perfect combo!

Bliss!

IanMunro
    Free Member

might one deduce that you are one of those sad few sandal wearers who doesn't have a World Cup wall chart ?

As it happens, only last week, I bought some leather hide off ebay to make my own custom running sandals. 🙂

jimster
    Free Member

Have they gone and bolloxed our World Cup bid in order to sell a few more papers?

Nope, they did it in the interest of the nation….

WTF that is is beyond me, but if pushed they'd say it was in the national interest.

imagine if this was not only the downfall of the world cup bid, but also the downfall of the daily mail as all the loutish footy fans stop buying it.

Nah, most loutish footy fans go for the red bannered papers, far too many syllables in the Daliy Mail. 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

Nope, they did it in the interest of the nation….

It's just the Mail's way of trying to keep filthy foreigners out of the country.

kimbers

lol ianmunro

anyway heres my view..

1) tabloid 'journalists' are unscrupulous and will happily **** over their countries chances of hosting a world cup if it gets them front page

2) the fa are one of the most corrupt organisations in the country, eg luton town manager makes claims of agents throwing bungs is widespread, after a long ranging highly publicised investigation every team in england is found innocent, apart from luton town who are fined and deducted further points.

3) football itself is undoubtedly corrupt, any sport that has a multimillion pound gambling industry dependent on it will be abused by criminal gangs, desperate players, refs, oficials, governing bodies, bookies etc etc etc (also see horse racing, boxing, snooker, cricket, baseball……..)

slowjo
    Free Member

…. you forgot to add cycling, athletics etc to that list…otherwise what is the point of all this EPO, blood doping etc?

grumm
    Free Member

Nah, most loutish footy fans go for the red bannered papers, far too many syllables in the Daliy Mail.

Yeah the Daily Mail is really known for it's intellectual content.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I must admit to being very surprised at not only what they reported, but the timing of it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The Mail on Sunday's FA story’ is closed to new replies.