Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The magazine
  • jonb
    Free Member

Strange I know, but there’s a magazine associated with this website. Now I’ve never bought a copy and was wondering if it was worth reading or even subscribing to as £27 for 8 issues and a gift…

Well is it?

I assume any negative posts will be deleted and the offending author banned 😉 so mostly positive comments…

ton

it is good to read in the small room.

tails
    Free Member

Yeah it’s alright they do nice long tests on bikes and swap bits, so very good if your building a new bike.

peteimpreza

The best MTB mag out there IMHO 🙂

trickpsyclist
    Free Member

good quality mag – great features and photos and fewer adverts and less ‘adolescent’ than the others. More 6Music than radio 1!

carlphillips
    Free Member

its one of the only mags where i actually read the articles (asides from dirt)
    well worth it i reckon

why not download the free issue 44 and decide for yourself?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, I reckon it’s worth it.

ton

the american mag ‘dirt rag’ is very good.

the fiction stuff written by readers is great.

and they like funny wheeled bike too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Great analogy trickpsyclist, ST is just like 6music – idiosyncratic, independent, interesting (running out of I words now…), but also a bit cliquey and up itself sometimes.

Definitely worth the entrance fee, especially if you like a dram.

No George Lamb luckily.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Bloody genius 6Music quote

I really like the mag in a way I dont get on with most of the others

Very very good analogy

Its more of a read than the others

Try it
    What do you have to lose?

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

It’s very good. Very stylish, superb photography, well written stories, unbiased reviews and less adverts than other mtb publications.

I’m going to get a subscription.

Gephaudio
    Free Member

Great calander this year, good reviews on out of the way trips in Europe and Canada. As most people have pointed out, written in a very engaging way.

PS Ed do I get my free subscription now? 🙂

jonb
    Free Member

What do you have to lose?

£27 – That’s a rear mech.

Will look for the free issue, is it on the new site?

druidh
    Free Member

It’s a bit variable. Sometimes I’ll read it cover-to-cover, sometimes it’s full of pretentious claptrap about the “lifestyle”. I’m sure a goodly portion of the readership use it as fantasy material.

It used to feature bits from the forum, but they seem to be downplaying that now (in fact I’m pretty sure it hasn’t been mentioned for a year or so) so it’s not really “linked” in the way it might be.

chakaping
    Free Member

Only been reading the mag for two or three years, but is it me or are the bike tests getting shorter?

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Generally a small room mag. Quality of text and write ups can be dodgy (for example last month’s Pranghorn write up stops mid paragraph) but some issues can have some good photos.

mrdoubletake
    Free Member

Great quality mag, stories are good, photography is excellent, well worth the investment, in fact, it’s the only MTB mag I buy now.

Go on, show them the money, you know you want to.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The magazine’ is closed to new replies.