Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The macho world of MotoGP?
  • wheelz
    Free Member

There was much joking in the paddock when it was announced that Paris Hilton would be sponsoring a team in the 125cc World Championship in 2011. Nobody’s joking now, not since the bikes were unveiled this afternoon.

The two riders will be Sergio Gadea and Maverick Vinales. I am sure, having seen the bike, they’re so looking forward to seeing the design of the leathers, boots and helmets they’ll be wearing next season!

mikey74
    Free Member

Hahaha looks like it belongs to a gay Evil Knievel.

wheelz
    Free Member

Damn, wrong forum. On the other hand, it is a bike…

Woody
    Free Member

I saw that on the news a few days ago. Surely that colour scheme is a wind-up 😯

wheelz
    Free Member

No, not a wind up, it’s in their official presentation, which can be downloaded from the Supermartxe website

Woody
    Free Member

Just had a look at the website – for a supposedly professional organisation it reads like a translation and I’m still not entirely sure what it is they do!

br
    Free Member

At least they should have decent brolly girls.

Andituk
    Free Member

Looking at that design, they might go for brolly boys…

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Its the barbie bike!!

epicyclo

My eyes are bleeding…

colnagokid

Hardly a macho world anymore tho is it? Lorenzo, valle, stoner not really macho men, and why should they be?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

valle is gayer than brokeback mountain

jond
    Free Member

>Hardly a macho world anymore tho is it? Lorenzo, valle, stoner not really macho men, and why should they be?

Except they’d probably make you look like big flouncy girlie 😛

If you look back over the season – Stoner’s struggled with illness for a good proportion of it, yet still being competitive, and Rossi’s been racing relatively soon after busting his leg. And if you look back in previous seasons you’ll see guys racing with injuries that most people would be sitting on the sofa nursing with a cup of cocoa for a significant period…

Sorry, they’re generally a bunch of nutters….

Hairychested
    Free Member

They’d look better (the riders) if they rode Paris. As things stand I know why the word “fugly” was invented.

ken_shields
    Free Member

All the guys I’ve ever known that race couldn’t give a toss about the colour scheme a sponsor wanted on a bike as the sponsor was paying the bills and they got to go racing as someone else’s expense.

Moto GP riders are hard as **** coz they’ll be out racing with injuries that would have us mere mortals sitting on the sofa for weeks

crotchrocket
    Free Member

The word on the street is that vale does bat for the other side. Not that it’s a problem for anyone who truely loves racing – he really is a living racing legend the GOAT!
    All the racers are sooo motivated, they are gods!

The racers of last season for me was randy dP, what he managed to achieve on a privateer bike last season was awesome.

Re: stoner – I was under the impression his food issues (lactose intolerance?) was under control last season??

And FWIW: I think Hilton thinks she is Penelope Pitstop, and a ridiculous, cash inheriting, ugly, media whore to boot

Woody
    Free Member

The word on the street is that vale does bat for the other side.

He’s doing quite a good job of throwing people off the scent!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The racers of last season for me was “randy dP”

They have a rider call “Randy Double Penetration” and people question their sexuality?

Speshpaul

valle is gayer than brokeback mountain

Sssh no one is supposed to know.

As for that photo shoot, whats the betting his special friend was just out of shot.
    He can be as gay as you like for all i care, i just find the hiding it funny.

uplink
    Free Member

<pedant>125 isn’t MotoGP</pedant>

As said above the riders couldn’t care less

There’s [arguably] more embarrassing sponsors

wheelz
    Free Member

As said above the riders couldn’t care less

Don’t be too sure! I spent all last week trying to convince a Moto2 rider that yellow, silver and purple wasn’t too bad a livery!

Paris, by releasing this image, helped me out a lot!

yetirose
    Free Member

Those lads that race are as hard as nails when it comes down to proper shoulder to shoulder/ fairing bashing racing.
    They certainly wont lose that bike on the grid and it matters more whats inside the engine than the paint , but i do wonder weather the exhaust fumes will be scented by chanell / prada or whatever.
    Roll on next season, could be a good one. 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(Mr MC posting)

What relevance or significance is anyones sexuality? these guys ride with hideous injuries that would lay most of us up for months, and seeing riders that can barely walk be lifted onto a bike, to then ride it like something superhuman is part of the appeal of the sport.

Not motogp, mere british superbikes, but I thought leon camiers crash in ’07 would end his career, and could very well have been what we refer to as “life changing” injuries-he dominated the ’09 season and is now a challenger in World Superbikes.

NOT for the sqeamish

Yukio kagayama very nearly died (of septicaemia) after a crash (also at cadwell) that broke his pelvis in 2003, and it was humbling to see him being lifted onto a bike to race not long after. He won both rounds at that circuit in 2004 and I watched him do a burn out at the corner that nearly killed him through teary eyes.

Macho, yes. Straight, gay, who cares?!

WCA-genius, spat my wine when I read that.

martinxyz
    Free Member

lol.tena lady brolly dollys.umbrellas open to make double sure nobody wets themselves.

colnagokid

Hard as nails? yes
    Fitter than all of STW combined? yes
    Awesomer than the Lord of Awesome himself (surf-mat)? yes
    Macho men? no

Northwind

I like the underlying assumption here that macho and gay are mutually exclusive :mrgreen:

martinxyz
    Free Member

well you wont find valle groping ben spies ass..

half of it got ripped off on the track years ago.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘The macho world of MotoGP?’ is closed to new replies.