Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The Lurgy
  • CheesybeanZ

Anyone else full of snot and phlegm , aching jonts and wheezing like a wheezing thing 😡

nickjb
    Free Member

Yep. For about a week but pretty much finally over it now.

GrahamS

Yep. As I type this I am currently sat in a boiling hot bath trying to stop shivering. 🙁

DrP

I’m now on my 48 th hour festering in bed…
    Nothing specific…zero energy,a bit hot, ached…

DrP

BoardinBob

Yes

Had to abandon the final round of the Scottish Enduro series. Couldn’t even finish practice yesterday. Gave it until this morning but woke up feeling even worse. Currently curled up on the couch under a blanket.

MrOvershoot

I thought I was on my way to luryville after a painfully sore throat on Thursday & then a cough & snotty nose on Friday.
    But after drinking a little too much red wine & brandy on Friday night along with a super hot lamb curry I made using some Bombay Devil chilies I seem to have escaped a trip to Man Fluville.

I can’t recommend the many Scoville farts I had though as my wife even suggested I go out for a ride just to clear the air in the house!

m360
    Free Member

Just wasted my week off with it, didn’t get on holiday. Typically feeling well enough to be going back to work tomorrow. Not sure if I should be happy that I’m getting better or sad that I’ve missed having a holiday. Guess I should be grateful I’m getting back to full health but I am feeling kind of indifferent right now!

allthepies
    Free Member

Came on overnight so yup.

Drac

Is this you lot?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ[/video]

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Nearly 3 weeks here, after catching glandular fever, The lurgy lasts longer.

I never caught colds before like this.

imnotverygood

Will you lot stop coming on here and infecting us? Don’t be so selfish. If you have the lurgy keep away from me. Don’t you know I have acute hypochondria?

forge197
    Free Member

Yep just getting rid of it a particularly nasty viral thing

GrahamS

stop coming on here and infecting us

You’ll be fine as long as your anti-virus is up to date.

doris5000

loads of it around. the wife was off work, i was floored for a weekend and it was about 10 days before i had the energy to ride up the hill on the way to work again. i’ve never had to walk up it before!

BoardinBob

I’m referring to mine as “tinder flu”…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I had it three weeks back, didn’t properly get rid of it and today its back with a vengeance. Urghhhhhll.

GJP
    Free Member

It has screwed me up for the last 3 or more weeks. As an asthmatic I am now one round of oral steroids and two rounds of different antibiotics to the better. I am still not feeling great, no cycling now for a month. Perhaps next weekend.

Caher

Yep brought bike for weeks holiday and its not moved for 3 days now.

nach
    Free Member

Yep, spent the last two days in bed, brain feeling like cotton wool and going slightly deaf every time I blew my nose.

bigyim
    Free Member

Wife has it really bad for about a week. Managed to avoid contact with her. Then tonight just brushing my tweth with my new toothbrush.
    Her “what toothbrush are you using?”
    Me”the purple one. Why?”
    Her “oh”

Great. Now I’m gonna get the bloody lurgy

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Just wasted my week off with it

Me too.

Had grand plans for this week, but instead spent it drowning in snot.

CheesybeanZ

And that’s now both of us and Mrs beanZ is supposed to be on a weeks holiday 😐 😐

DaRC_L

GJP + 1
    I’ve now barely ridden for a month – was off work at the end of Sept but just can’t shift the chest-phlegm & cough.
    Tried riding last weekend (just an hour), ‘cos I though I was getting over it and would just kick it out.
    It set me back 😥

Kryton57

It has screwed me up for the last 3 or more weeks. As an asthmatic I am now one round of oral steroids and two rounds of different antibiotics to the better. I am still not feeling great, no cycling now for a month. Perhaps next weekend.

Same here – Virus exacerbated by chest infection, has had me off the bike all October. I went to Peaslake yesterday for my first ride and it felt far harder than it should have done, I was wasted on the sofa last night.

Hopefully though I’m ok, still a slight chesty cough today, but better than yesterday which was better than the day before… etc.

ads678

Yep, I’m full of cold too. Not helped by a night on the pop Saturday and lack of sleep. Trying to get plenty of Vit C down me and get a few early nights usually does the trick. Unless it’s cat aids………

hooli

Me too

barrytheflea
    Free Member

Yep, my heads so bunged up it’s given me tinnitus, I wince when people talk too loud at the moment and can hear my own heartbeat pounding away in my right ear. I hadn’t mentioned anything to my Wife, so as not to make a fuss, she only found out after seeing my search on the iPad entitled colds affecting hearing, it’s now being called my Man Flu! Grrr….

Drac

Trying to get plenty of Vit C down me and get a few early nights usually does the trick. Unless it’s cat aids…..

Vit C doesn’t have any real benefits. Still if it makes you feel better then go for it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Had 1 day of cold/mild flu symptoms but a progressively worse cough now for a week, have been unable (well unwilling) to do any riding as a result

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘The Lurgy’ is closed to new replies.