Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The Long Mynd – Quickest route to the top & 2nd best descent?
  • jekkyl

Planning a trip to the long mynge for Saturday and we’re keen to do as many descents as possible.
    Whats the quickest route to the top from the east side?
    We don’t mind steep steep, but the quicker the better. Last time we went, we went round to the north and traversed the whole of the ridge. We’ll maybe do that again the first time but could do with a quicker route up again.

& besides Minton Batch which other descent is a must do?

Thanks.

jakd95
    Free Member

I live very close to the Long Mynd and I’m up there most weekends. The quickest way up from Church Stretton is Cardingmill Valley (number 10), it kicks up in steepness for the last 800m after a steady incline. The bridleway at the top of Cardingmill takes you across to Pole Bank which is the highest spot on the Mynd.

Callow Hill descent (number 9) is definetly worth doing, I think it’s better than Minton Batch and the best on the Mynd and you come out right by The Ragleth Pub in Little Stretton. 🙂

Another descent that’s pretty good is following 11-12-14 down to All Stretton.

jekkyl

Excellent, thanks jak.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jakd95
    Free Member

No problem, have fun!

somouk
    Free Member

Cardingmill is a tough climb but will get you up there quick.

If all else fails you could take the road climb up to the top which isn’t as steep so all rideable.

maxtorque

I’ll second 11-12-14 as a descent, good fun, bit of steep tech, bit of shallow roll, all good 😉

mrhoppy

I’d go along 15, up 14-12-11 along the top to 8 along there to the 8 and then cut hard back to the top of Minton batch, down there, up 1 down 2 along 4 up 5 then back down 11-12-14-15. Cardingmill is a hard climb and a good descent but is a waste of time in daylight hours at the weekend. Town hollow is supposed to be a good descent but is cheeky and has lots of walkers. You can link across to the Stiperstones too.

MrNero50
    Free Member

Thank for asking this Jekkyl. We’re off at Easter. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘The Long Mynd – Quickest route to the top & 2nd best descent?’ is closed to new replies.