• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jruk.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The long, long walk of shame..
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

First day on the mtb in ages, rode up over to Lee Quarry to have a play on something that won’t resemble a swamp and on my very first run of the day i managed to rip my rear mech into tiny pieces, taking out the spokes as well!

It’s a long and uncomfortable walk back up over Rooley Moor in cycling shoes i tell you 🙁 £90 to repair it as well..

highclimber
    Free Member

ouch! the games we play, eh?!

kevj
    Free Member

Did a similar thing myself recently, mech buried itself into the spokes, snapping two of them.

I was up particularly early that day and was still 8 mile from home so no other option other than to push.

Two hours later and a 75quid repair bill.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oh well, at least i’m keeping a new shop busy!

carlos
    Free Member

Had the same (ish) thing happen ages go over on Cutgate, ripped off he mech on a bush and took out 4 spokes, didn’t fancy walking so SS’ed the heckler and rode back to the car in Hope, NO way was I going to walk that far.

Not a good day out when it goes like that

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I couldn’t even SS it, the chain resembled a DNA double-helix!

meehaja
    Free Member

I did that, in the Alps, having just ridden down into a valley and needing to get up and over to get back to the campsite! Long walk followed by epic freewheel downhill!

brianh
    Free Member

Happened to me on a demo SB66 – rear mech snapped and went into spokes, adjusted chain to single speed and somehow managed to cycle back to base – not good 😥

alpin
    Free Member

a bit like this?
    [video]http://vimeo.com/4069821[/video]

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

+1 90 minute walk as well recently – and on a rel small twig?!!?

belugabob
    Free Member

That ‘Naughty Boy’ video has to be the worst camera work I’ve ever seen – did anybody actually manage to ascertain where the chain ended up?

Hold the camera still, FFS!

rmacattack
    Free Member

That ‘Naughty Boy’ video has to be the worst camera work I’ve ever seen – did anybody actually manage to ascertain where the chain ended up?

i feel dizzy

breadcrumb

I thought the Blair Witch had ropey camera work but that vid wa shocking!

boltonjon

And people laugh at me for carrying a spare mech in my backpak….

jruk
    Free Member

At least it was a bit of kit, I bust my collarbone this morning. Out for a good few months. The ‘you bloody idiot’ looks from thr Mrs almost hurt as much.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The long, long walk of shame..’ is closed to new replies.