Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The local trails are great atm
  • carlos
    Free Member

Been off the last 2 days and ridden from home to the local trails both days. Not mega miles, prob 20 each day but what I’ve ridden has been mint. 🙂 everything is starting to thaw now but its still very dusty and fast almost everywhere. Ok, the bottom of Charity when you’ve popped out the woods is wet, but its nearly always like that. Bottom of the Oven is dry and clear as are most of the cheeky forest bits

Anyway lots of sunshine, friendly walkers, dusty quiet trails with not a soul on them, no mechanicals or crashes. Found the trail pixies have been carving new lines near/next to some existing stuff so sessioned that a bit as its so dry and fast atm

Just wanted to share as I’m sat here reminiscing with a few Black Sheep before going back to work tomorrow

Carl

lucien

Raining darn sarf again……grim

carlos
    Free Member

Lol, you can keep that sort of weather down there.
    No riding today I’ve done Sat, Mon and Tues but its still looking good. Blue’ish skies and a bit of a frost, fingers crossed it holds out till Friday.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dantsw13

Next week sunshine all the way in the SE!!

banks
    Free Member

I’d love to know who’s put down the boarder of logs/sticks on said cheeky stuff in macc!

Never made it pass charity lane on Monday, regret it now as it sounds awesome but the snow drifts were huge!

jekkyl

I was thinking og going up macc this afternoon/evening – interested to see that they are building what appears to be another path alongside the current one down charity lane, up top o the bank. I remember a nightmare ride there last year when it was all snowed and we had to walk along the bank so this path would be welcome if it’s ever like that again when we go.

wilko1999
    Free Member

South west, Glos, South Cotswolds, FoD all bone dry and dusty at the moment, its amazing, fast, fun, best its been for about a year. All those months of slogging it through awful conditions makes you appreciate it even more

nbt

Yep, trails are bone dry everywhere. We saw *dust* at the weekend!

higgo
    Free Member

@jekkyl – can you let us know route and conditions when you get back?

I’m trying to decide for Thursday night between the Forest and going the other way: Kerridge/Shrigley etc

jekkyl

I will do Higgo, I see your email in profile. tbh I was only thinking about it but more likely to take a route through leek and rudyard and then over to congo than go up macc.

carlos
    Free Member

banks – Member
    I’d love to know who’s put down the boarder of logs/sticks on said cheeky stuff in macc!

Yeah its kinda odd, almost like they can’t remember where the riding line is so use them as a marker.

Someone’s built a tight berm just over the wall on one part but I can’t get my head round how its gonna keep the flow of things as the lip up to it just kills speed and you (read I) just drop into it and have to pedal out. Liking the new wall jump, deep berms and bomb hole bit, not sure if they are finished with that yet though as it sorta just ends on a real tight right switchback round a tree which you have to scrub tonnes of speed off to make

Jekkyl – I think that what your on about is just for access of machinery

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Aye! My local Goyt, Etherow, Werneth Low loop is dusteee at the moment.

Must hook onto an insider tour of Macc. Forest one day 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

all jinxed now though, summer tyres went on this morning 🙂

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Woburn is the driest I’ve seen it in months, and that includes the majority of last summer! Kicking up dust last night, and bike didn’t need a wash!

Klunk
    Free Member

well spring just arrived with bang 🙂 warm enough for a heat haze, hard dusty super fast trails + summer tyres + no wind = air time + bug swallowing + 😀

banks
    Free Member

@carlos that wall berm 6ft thing amazes me, quite happy to sit & look at it for a while and I always come to the same conclusion. Wtf.

Really is one of my favourite trails now actually has flow. Bloody horrible in the wet though.

Klunk
    Free Member

all jinxed now though, summer tyres went on this morning

😳

what a difference 3 days makes…. what a swamp

mudfest + racing ralph = slippy slidey + zero air + slog + 😀

simmy
    Free Member

Trails are mint round here at the moment. We have had a bit of rain but not enough to make any mud.

Went out last night with the intentions of only being an hour but had so much fun I stayed out and only went home because I’d no front light with me.

higgo
    Free Member

Rivi today: all trails, but especially ‘San Marino’ were in fine fettle.

Klunk
    Free Member

what a difference 3 days makes…. back to dry and fast, wish they’d make their mind up 😕

simmy
    Free Member

Thought I’d bump this thread up as I’ve just been out on the MTB and its drier than I can remember for a long time out there.

Had a couple of proper good slides around corners, interesting in the dark, and a blast through some downhill wooded bits, can’t remember ever being able to ride through fallen leaves without there being mud underneath.

Let’s make the most of it coz its normally cold and wet by now.

carlos
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection Batman, BUT your right they are mint at the moment, just watch out for the odd silppy and not so grippy shiny white polished root in the forest. Even Charity was dry tonight, hole in the wall was just like summer but dark and the Deer tracks were just a hoot.

Get out there and enjoy it before it turns to a wet, boggy cold and uninspiring ride

binners

We’ve been out tonight on bone dry non-sloppy trails. Fantastic!! we’re still getting away with it! 🙂

It won’t last, but who cares? We’ve had a proper summers riding!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Was out last night and it was pretty fast and dry. Lovely! First ride for a while with lights too, boo!

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup super-quiet around Cannock last night apart from the rutting stags kicking off

Dry fast cool dark silent 8)

dantsw13

Gardening missed out to a cheeky ride yesterday – Bedgebury was dry and empty!!! If anything, the new berms need a little rain to bed in.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘The local trails are great atm’ is closed to new replies.