Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The lives of others….
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

What drives the prurient, judgemental, obsession of the upper and middle classes with the lifestyle habits of others? Is it low self-esteem? Errectile dysfunction? Or a deeper, nastier urge?

Edukator
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBZ8ulc5NTg[/video]

wwaswas

I would’t say Jeremy Kyles target demographic fitted the OP’s assertion.

I think everyone is interested in other peoples lives.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Surely not being interested in other people would be a sign of someone far weirder?

coffeeking
    Free Member

We’re a society, everyone is interested in everyone else as we are all in it together but with different aims and targets. And much like with religion, everyone thinks their route is correct and so is scornful of others. Pretty simple.

ransos
    Free Member

I thought this thread was going to be a discussion about a great film. Oh well.

teasel
    Free Member

I’m interested in what makes folk tick but not their actual lives per se. I wouldn’t click a link that took me to, say, Tulisa’s Sex Scandal, for example.

Some things interest me, some things don’t.

mcboo
    Free Member

Who do you think is buying all those celebrity loving hating magazines? Stephen Fry?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don’t know who’s buying them, no-one I know.

allthegear
    Free Member

“The life choices I have to make are different to other people.” Every single person in here can say that to some extent. We’re all different, thank goodness.

Being interested in other peoples’ lives is surely a good thing, so long as it is to learn about those other people, not to then judge them based upon your own internal morals.

Hey, I dyed my hair bright red the other day – I’m sure that there are people making judgements about that.

Rachel

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The lives of others….’ is closed to new replies.