Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • The Lincolnshire (MTB) Desert
  • ji
    Free Member

Louth Area Mountain Bikers (http://www.louthnet.com/LAMB) have lots of routes in the county, and as well as the one posted above if you search for LAMB on everytrail you can find GPS trails for most of them as well.

einholt
    Free Member

Hello guys, I am a new MTB rider and looking for some simple trails to have a go at around lincoln, can anyone recommend anything for the new rider looking to cut their teeth on?

The quarry looks like great fun but think it might be a steep learning curve, also I currently only have a cheap £100 front sus bike that I have bought just to throw about and see if I enjoy it and if I do then will soon be investing £3-400 on a solid bike

bikingbazza
    Free Member

hello einholt. the water rail way out to bardney is about a simple as it gets and there is a cafe there too!.

I would recomend Greetwell quarry though if you want to get a little sense of off road mountain biking. have a look at the bing 3d sat maps. copy all of the link below into your browser.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=sw5g1wgyrsvt&lvl=17&dir=90&sty=b&form=LMLTCC

there are several entry points behind Wickes, bottom of the dip just east of wickes, carlton centre, small by road between south greetwell and bunkers hill.

awkwardkid
    Free Member

I have to echo what you’ve all said about Lincolnshire. Its a bit poor for the mountain biker. Pines is a good crack but its not really changed in the 16+yrs i’ve been going there. I’ve a few rides i’ve put together which are good for a sunday morning blast but nothing special. You really have to travel to get some good riding in. Pines has a well organised club which you can find on facebook. I use Arrow Cycles in Lincoln and Paul (the owner) has sporadic rides out. If anyone fancies a regular ride lets post here? I’m in the Bailgate and run a bar on the High St so can put some beers together no worries 😀

monkeychild
    Free Member

There’s quite a few of us from RAF Waddington who MTB so we are always up for a ride out 🙂

Duffer
    Free Member

…and a few more from Scampton 😉

We went on an FD day to Cannok last week. Seven of us, plus bikes, in the back of a half-and-half transit. When we got there, i was quite ammused to find two more identical half-and-halfs on an FD day from Conningsby! Not a bad way to spend a work day.

awkwardkid
    Free Member

Are you boys ground crew?
    Tell you what… I run Dogma on the high street! Lets have some beers and sort a ride out. Any of you formerly based at Coltishall? Had a load of mates based there a one point.
    Could sort a weekly ride?

lesinge
    Free Member

Ex Coltishall ground crew, now based at Waddo here, haha small world. Also do a few TCL’s for Waddo through the year at Sherwood and always spotting other MT wagons about haha – not a bad way to spend the working day at all Duffer 😀

Conan257
    Free Member

Only slightly resurrecting this thread…

If there are any RAF types around, can you guys email me using the address in my profile, i’ll give you my work email if you do.

Would like to get a list together of riders from RAF Lincolnshire so we can share exped spaces and FD days, or just meet up for evening and weekend rides.

On another note, myself and another chap have just moved down from Kinloss and are planning to do the MBF in Wales. Might have a couple of seats free in the half/half if anyone else can spare a week off.

AngusWells
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘The Lincolnshire (MTB) Desert’ is closed to new replies.