Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • the Lickey Hills
  • rOcKeTdOg

anyone got any pics, biking or otherwise? please add to this group if possible, ta
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1041325@N20/

FoxyChick
    Free Member

😯 😯 😯

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Well, I’m glad that’s cleared up RD!! 8)

rOcKeTdOg

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Nice shot RD

rOcKeTdOg

not mine i’m afraid

aleigh
    Free Member

lickey hills 😆

sqweeeezzz
    Free Member

Nice up there, although the rangers are kinda pissed off with all the off piste DHing ging on 8)

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Not too far from me , enjoy walking up there with the wife and the odd bit of biking with my lad ….. will sort some licky hills pics out ..

Tony

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

gnarly 🙂

SweetJumps
    Free Member

I used to live there as a kid and I don’t remember it being very hilly, I was 3 at the time so if I’m wrong, so be it.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Might take a ride up there over the weekend, assuming the winter snows have thawed?

ski
    Free Member

I have walked round Lickey a few times, but never found any good looking singletracks.

Is it a bit like the Wyre Forest, for the best bits you need local knowledge and are hidden from praying eyes?

Maybe I need new glasses 😉

MrTall
    Free Member

I lived 500 yards away for a good ten years (mostly before i biked though) and now live a massive 3 miles away which means i have to ride up a big hill to get there. 🙁 But i get to ride down it again on the way home 🙂

It’s good for a bit of a blast but does not cover a massive area so you have to criss cross over your tracks a lot. Very hilly really as well so you are always doing ups and downs with not a lot of flowy flatish singletrack. Certainly gives the lungs a workout though.

Local knowledge helps (there are 3 different areas there to ride if you cross over the roads) but beware the many dog walkers and families there on a nice day – you only ever meet them on the downhill fun bits!

Lickey Hills, up from Lickey End, a couple of miles away from Bell End. Priceless.

rOcKeTdOg

yes most of it bordering Twatling road 🙂

MrTall
    Free Member

I used to live next to that road on MeArse Lane. 🙂

franki
    Free Member

I used to ride the Lickeys when I lived closer, usually riding over from Clent – offroad most of the way. There were some pretty good trails as I remember.

Not been for probably 15 years or so!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘the Lickey Hills’ is closed to new replies.