• This topic has 45 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • The laxative effect of putting on bib shorts
  • Harry_the_Spider

Is there a pressure point linking one’s shoulders to one’s ‘arris?

DrP

I would agree with this phenomenon…

DrP

timb34
    Free Member

I love stripping nearly naked in a cold, recently overused loo cubicle just after signing in for events.

The inevitable paucity of toilet paper only adds to the experience.

Sandwich

It’s the pre-ride espresso that gets me.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s the pre-ride espresso that gets me.

Sometimes, even just the aroma does the trick…

scaredypants

I don’t get that (though once had to do “a Radcliffe” half way round a 30 mile loop and the bibs gave it that extra dangerpoo frisson !)

bladder though – fo’ sho’

scaled
    Free Member

I have, on occasion contemplated explaining this phenomenon to Hr when I roll on to work 15 mins late.

chipster

It works every time with me. 😕

scaredypants

surely you could just show them your court summons, scaled ?

MoreCashThanDash

Timb34 – can I add the fact that the village hall involved only has extra low toilets for the pre-school kids….

bikebouy
    Free Member

#goforashitefirst

HTH

😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

Don’t have a problem with bibs but chronic here pre any race. Usually starts a few hours before and the merest thought of race prep results in an immediate poo 😳

onandon
    Free Member

I was going to post about the bib short induced poo last weekend.
    Whenever put the bibs on, my body decides it should do an impression of a tube of toothpaste.

It’s annoying but strangely satisfying 🙂

alanf
    Free Member

Bibs are easy compared to full race leathers 😯
    However, you are correct that as soon as the bibs are fully engaged the nipper valve suddenly begins twitching!

tomhoward

I was thinking about this the other day (on the throne, having disrobed due to bibshorts) why couldn’t there be a zip running round ones midriff separating the bib bit from the short bit?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Every. Bloody. Time.

And couple that with my new meds, I don’t get much warning either.
    Never good.

wwaswas

why couldn’t the be a zip running round ones midriff separating the bib bit from the short bit?

You don’t need zips, you need buttons…

BoardinBob

Every time.

As soon as the shoulder straps are in position, piss number 1 is inevitable.

After a few close calls, I’m now an expert on the location of public toilets between home and ride destinations, or the best secluded, sheltered spots…

Yak

Eh? Bibshorts? Never.
    It’s wetsuits that do that. More overall pressure squeezing everything to the exit point.

onandon
    Free Member

Looks like a market for “anti poop bibs” expect to see these in the wiggle AW15 range.

D0NK

Thought it was just me. Very strange.

Yak

Girls have it better for this – wiggle’s girls bibs allow the short to detach from the bib.

hatter

Glad it’s not just me, even if i’ve already sat there for ten minutes trying to get rid of everything the old guts have that bit more to give about 5 minutes after the bibs go on, usually just enough time for you to put on jersey, jacket, gilet, cap, arm warmners etc so that you have to strip them all off again.

ahsat

Girls have it better for this – wiggle’s girls bibs allow the short to detach from the bib.

Hummm…there are only 2 or three brands that do this – wiggle and Gore mainly. However, you then have a chaffing zip round your bottom!

So you think its a nightmare when you need a pre-ride post-bib toilet stop, now imagine being a lady (without the chaffing zippy bibs) who needs the toilet mid ride, cue removing pretty much every item of clothing outside behind a tiny tree! Amazing how much of a bladder of steal you can develop!

Yak

bladder of steal

Haha – I have the bladder of a small child in any nervous pre-race situation!

plyphon
    Free Member

Yeah but think how much weight you’re saving by going through this process.

legend
    Free Member

Sometimes, even just the aroma does the trick…

I don’t even need that, if I know I’m going riding then I always need to poo – every single time

scaredypants

Yeah but think how much weight you’re saving by going through this process.

yeah, it’s all just conditioning isn’t it – how many times have we heard on here “just have a big poo” when contemplating any new purchase ? Now just the thought of riding is doing it

Pavlov would be delighted

wwaswas

Amazing how much of a bladder of steal you can develop

is this for taking the piss?

Moses

^^^ WWW 😀

globalti
    Free Member

dhb have a women’s bib short that has a halter strap that you can lift over your head, meaning you don’t need to take off your jacket. Great idea.

Fear makes the bowels more active, for sure.

Harry_the_Spider

Fear makes the bowels more active

Fear and layered sports clothing. If the bibs, base layer, jersey, jacket, helmet, shades, camelbak™ and gloves haven’t got your bum rumbling just wait until your bike is outside the house, for all to see, then do up the ratchet on your shoes.

Within minutes the bike will be in the hall and you will be in the khazi having removed everything but your socks and base layer.

…and I thought it was just me that had a magical arse.

globalti
    Free Member

Part of the problem is that the evening before a big ride I sometimes eat a big portion of pasta. Pasta has a weird effect on the bowels in that it, er, needs several sessions as it’s usually oily, quite soft and doesn’t compact well so you can sit there for ages as it makes its way slowly through in cable lengths.

One Friday evening before a Polaris I ate quite a lot of flapjack, which had greaseproof paper stuck to it so I ate that as well. The effect was astonishing; I was up with urgency at about 4 the next morning and going to the bog every 30 minutes for the next three hours producing prodigious poos. I don’t know whether it was the flapjack with a couple of pints of beer or the greaseproof paper that did it.

Harry_the_Spider

crezzy

It’s worse when you have that ” I shouldn have trusted that fart ” moment

somafunk

Thanks to spinal cord damage i have no control over bladder/bowels so when i feel that sense of impending Oh-Oh! i have to jump ship and find a suitable evacuation point whilst frantically wrestling out of a cycling jersey and bibs….thank god Galloway has very quiet roads to cycle on 😀

And prob why i choose to cycle on my own #billy-no-mates

LoCo
    Free Member

Worst when used in conjunction with full body armour, neck brace, and waterproofs 👿

gonzy
    Free Member

ice cream, or too much dairy products usually sets me off.
    got it this morning on way in to work. just as a was leaving the house i got the urge, but as i was running a bit late i thought sod it, wait till i get into work. just about managed to make it in and then legged it to the bogs to unleash hell…had to flush 3 times … 😯

edhornby

I have some cheap commuting shorts that are bibless – I recently got a stomach bug from the kids, it broke out while I was at my desk at work and I had to ride home with a severely gurgling stomach

I had to cling on to it for dear life while riding up bury new road and managed to hang on before riding straight into Barnfield park (by hilton Lane traffic lights) and parking me and the bike behind a tree

I was very thankful that day they weren’t bib shorts (I probably would have worn the bibs over the jersey that day…)

DrP

Also…going for a pee mid ride in bibs..the ‘top of the waist’ is just a BIT too high to stretch down comfortably…hence you really have to pull the waist down, pull the ‘hose’ out, and bend right forward!!

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘The laxative effect of putting on bib shorts’ is closed to new replies.