Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • "The law requires us to know who is using our wifi"
  • br
    Free Member

I get many birthday wishes on New Years Day, guess what DOB I use for sites I don’t care about 🙂

matt_outandabout

Don’t go into well known coffee chains. Use your mobile phone as a mobile Wifi device.

This. Usually faster connection as well.

andytherocketeer

depends where you live. not so much an issue in UK, but 2 hour drive from here can be international roaming. 3 hour drive can be international roaming in one of several countries.

i have been known to cave in on occasions and cough up the €1.99/day international data rather than use free wifi.

CountZero

matt_outandabout – Member
    Don’t go into well known coffee chains. Use your mobile phone as a mobile Wifi device.

This. Usually faster connection as well.
    Again, not always an option; most networks only offer 1Gb/month, or if they offer unlimited data, there’s no tethering allowed on the base tarrif, like 3, for example. Things are improving, however: O2’s new tariffs will give 5Gb/month for around £20, with the phone an extra, separate cost, so from August I’ll be able to go over to this new system, allowing me to ditch my other phone with a 3 SIM, which I have just for the data, coverage is shite, however, and there’s no tethering either, I’ll be able to tether my iPad to my phone, making life much easier and simpler.

poly
    Free Member

I believe they are probably assuming that the Data Retention (EC Directive) Regulations 2009 apply to them. Whether they do or don’t will depend whether they have received notice from the SoS that they do.

matt_outandabout

Again, not always an option; most networks only offer 1Gb/month, or if they offer unlimited data, there’s no tethering allowed on the base tarrif, like 3, for example.

The benefits of a Vodafone business deal. I don’t see or pay the bill. 8)

CountZero

The benefits of a Vodafone business deal. I don’t see or pay the bill.

That’s cheating!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘"The law requires us to know who is using our wifi"’ is closed to new replies.