Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The last time I had a complete sense of humour failure was…
  • rockitman

…yesterday when the box from CRC arrived and the big tub of berry flavoured Powerbar had exploded all over the Tyres, Shorts, Lube etc.

Wouldn't have been too bad but some water had got in there too and formed a lovely paste.

The super sweet smell is still lingering in the office.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Ross – "it's formed a paste!"

Harry_the_Spider

Nice. Lube and lycra in a blackberry jus.

I'm having a sense of homour failure too. Going to call somebody a #### at some point, but I don't know who yet.

rockitman

Hey Andrew,

Glad to hear your missus is on the mend now and congrats on the new addition.

You're gonna be busy next year aren't you? New addition + 2xHTN…

Harry_the_Spider

You're gonna be busy next year aren't you? New addition + 2xHTN…

Very. The winter race is all sorted. We may take up your offer and pick your brains for the summer one. Our plan is for an event like no other!

allthepies
    Free Member

Have you signed up WCA to do marketing ?

*please say no*

rockitman

How about the summer one being an old skool event for all the family. Paddling pools, ice cream vans, punch and judy, kiss me quick hats, could even have a games tent for the kids – twister etc.

God I'm in a creative mood today, currently writing scripts for a sales convention that involves spoofs of famous TV shows…

Harry_the_Spider

MTB/CX enduro.

avdave2

Friday evening when I got a puncture at 11:30 at night on the way home from work having started at 8 in the morning. It was raining and my pump decided to play up so I ended up riding home BMX style without sitting down and keeping all my weight over the forks and off the soggy rear tyre. All this made worse by the knowledge that I'd be back in work at 8 the next morning and that that day would last until at least the early hours of Sunday. Sense of humour took another turn for the worse when we realised that the lift would accommodate our kit but we would have to carry the set down 2 floors on the fire escape and then do the same on the way out. So that day saw me back home on Sunday morning at 7 24 hours after having left for work.

Still could be worse.

rockitman

That sounds rough Dave. Who do you work for?

avdave2

I work for as a tech for a conference and exhibition company. Only a few of us and sometimes the work is pretty hard but I actually quite enjoy it. To be honest I actually laughed when I heard the rear tyre go, it kind of seemed inevitable that I'd get a puncture on that trip. You can't always change what's happening to you but you can decide how to feel about it. Sunday morning I left the office after dropping off the kit and rode home with every light turning green as I approached it and when I got to the pier the the barriers blocking the road for the custom bike show were lifted out of the way for me and I was waved through. There was even a tail wind all the way home. Got back got 3 hours sleep took my son to his football match and they won 10 – 0. Only slight disappointment was that he plays in defence as the last man and in 40 minutes only actually touched the ball once.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The last time I had a complete sense of humour failure was…’ is closed to new replies.