• This topic has 23 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The last episode of The Returned
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I can’t remember being so excited about a tv series. Me and Mrs. S have been enthralled. I hope they don’t balls up the end of series one. The last thing we need is another Lost/Heroes/Flash Forward debacle.

Oh – and that Lena’s a bit nice ….

rudebwoy
    Free Member

well thats whats going to happen–series 2 on its way– for me i found it oddly disjointed and a lack of ‘sense of place’- found the village looked like a town and as for the pub ? yeah right a barn that is the only place that everone goes…

ART

Channel 4 have snapped this one up and commissioned Series 2 – don’t think we are gonna get answers tonight! Was also reading in the paper that all the filming took place between 4pm and 9pm which certainly contributes to the eerie lighting. A goodun, but telly is about to go rubbish what with this, Luther and Justified all hitting series ends at the same time …

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m loving it, think its been one of the better series in recent years.

Glad a series 2 is o it’s way.

rascal
    Free Member

A great series (or season) with a really crap ending – so many questions unanswered.

boxfish
    Free Member

Perdu, encore.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Hmmm.

Lena’s still lovely.

Was there a shoot out? What happened to the cops involved?

Why was Julie, a district nurse, charged with performing emergency surgery on fat Toni?

Alors. Je vaus dormir. J’ai trop questions….

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Season 2 not out till late 2014 though. Might have to try to find the film its based on to watch in the meantime.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Was that village at the end, being floded or unflooded?

passtherizla
    Free Member

ooooh you lot! tried not to read any spoilers, still to watch it , but have been thoroughly enjoying the series so far…

frogstomp

Or did they shoot themselves / each other (under Victor’s influence)?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Ace series—and great music by Mogwai too—Sunday evenings are going to be a lot duller now

bikebouy
    Free Member

There’s a film it’s based upon??

“Google where are yoooouuuuuu”??

bikebouy
    Free Member

The films called “they came back” from 2004.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

it’s good but a bit all over the shop, you just know we are NOT going to get answers.

The yanks have bought the rights aswell and are going to make a version!

derek_starship
    Free Member

frogstomp – good call on the suggestion of gendarmericide.

Great series.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I don’t find it all over the shop at all… must be weird.

FOG

Was fascinated at first but thought it became far too strung out with nothing happening. Too many random plot items like the dead animals in the lake. I don’t expect to get a neat Poirot type ending where you find out everybody’s secrets but the end smacked far too much of, Let’s make sure we get a second series.
    Incidentally it is a bit of a coincidence that there are two weird series featuring lakes and mountain scenery on at the same time – Top of the Lake and Les Revenants. The NZ offering is weird in a different way but still interesting. The helicopter shots made me definitely want to go biking in NZ!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

You know when you play fetch with a dog and you pretend to throw the stick but you don’t and the dog runs off after nothing…. that’s how I feel right now…

This dog will not be coming back for more… you can only pretand to throw the stick so many times.

Having said that… Loved the first episode… great twist at the end. Was hoping it was going to build into something good, but ultimately not a single question is answer…. and it doesn’t matter how wonderfully it’s shot, how good the sound track is, how pretty the ladies are or how fantastically atmospheric it is…. without descent coherent plot…. it’s boring

DezB
    Free Member

That was great – only got around to watching the end this morning, cos just as they all stood there looking across the reservoir… there was a rain storm and my Sky box went all freaky! Luckily there is CH4+1!

mrmoofo

So, I am being a bit thick this morning ;;;
    The dead came back for revenge on those responsible for the previous flood?

Or was the flooding of the village just a surreal thing like the animals floating in the lake and the never ending road journey.

What were the dead back for?

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

I have been really enjoying this. I haven’t found a problem with it being coherent, it has just been building the story. If it didn’t do this you would all be complaining that it was a bit too simple!!

I didn’t know that was the last in the season. Bit of a disappointing ending. Will have to wait until 2014 then!

robbespierre
    Free Member

We were recommended to watch this by French relatives.
    Found it to be all (a bit pretentious) style and no substance.
    Quit after second episode as we just weren’t enjoying it.

Top of the Lake is better.

DezB
    Free Member

What were the dead back for?

Who cares, moody ghosts, hot french women, creepy kids and Mogwai. Awesome TV.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘The last episode of The Returned’ is closed to new replies.