Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The last 7 days have been pretty good for me, hows about you?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Last Friday, went to Scotland with a load of nutters on bikes which was organised by a big bloke with dodgy tattoos. Had a fabtastical weekend, really! Came home on Sunday evening & won an auction for a broken fishing rod on Fleabay £1.20) had 2.5 ok days at work then went fishing yesterday & caught no fish but a well over the legal sized Lobster!!. Did a lovely 32 mile road ride in the sun today & watched a GS Woodpecker pecking the metal top of a telephone post next to a train line with loads of trains flying by. Got home to find broken fishing rod that I’d won was there so I fixed my busted rod with the part I needed, now watching Calgary & Vancouver in the Stanley cup playoffs. How good does it get?
    Ok, It’s not that exciting but better than usual for me. 🙂

peabrain
    Free Member

You are full of the joys of Spring 😀

Sandwich

Doesn’t have to be exciting to be a good week. Mine has been a bit so so.

MussEd
    Free Member

Nothing special here, but it’s been good. Looking after the kids, swimming, trying to stop them killing one another, work has been a good laugh, obsessing about bikepacking gear, now ready just myself for a Stag weekend in Munich. Apart from commuting not been out on bike in the lovely weather but it’s been a grat week so far…

wrecker
    Free Member

caught no fish but a well over the legal sized Lobster!!

You might want to fish a little higher in the water?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

A good week. I work in a job I love, had a lot of riding in the sun and yesterday went for a ride with group from the pub as we build up to a 100mile ride in aid of the local Air Ambulance. Only 25 miles but the group are still getting into cycling.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve done an inordinate amount of swearing this week….

martinhutch

Five rides in six days, including one with my daughter who loved it and rode really well, considering she’s been off her bike for a while. 😀

Dales dry as a bone and looking beautiful.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Five rides, Four day week, Three climbs, Two meals out, Two trips to the pub, One holiday booked, One huge project at worked ticked off, One pay rise on the way.

A good week.

nickc

ridden and run, suns out, saw bats chasing each other about yesterday, everyones smiling ‘cos of the weather…preety sweet

mrmoofo

I went to Rochdale
    It’s a shithole 😯

I’m glad others have had a more exciting week 😆

hooli

Been a good week for me, work has been meh but managed to get out on the bike pretty much every day for the last 7 days. Enjoying everything being dry and dusty so keep going out again to enjoy it before the weather turns.

rOcKeTdOg

I got a new guitar 8)

Gary_M
    Free Member

Mine has been dire, which is the theme for this year so far.

I have two positives over the last seven days, sitting in the sun on Wednesday with my wife at a very peaceful culzean castle, we listened to the birds singing and the bees buzzing and both drifted off into a lovely world far away from the shit we’re going through at the moment.

2nd positive was watching two new born lambs in a field trying to feed for the first time with them both tumbling over, their mum nudging them to get up and repeating until they managed to feed, it was a wonderful sight.

I’ll add that some life changing things have happened in the past seven days that will hopefully makes our lives much better.

zinaru
    Free Member

Business is good. Got a ‘Träd, Gräs & Stenar’ album I’d been lusting after for ages and the trails are dry and dusty at the moment. But I did crash into a tree last night.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I met you so it was all downhill from that point

Stoner
    Free Member

Rode three days in a row, finished chopping and splitting all my fuel for next season, went to the Public Service Broadcasting gig in Bristol last night with deadlydarcy, and tomorrow Jr and I go to Sixways to watch the crunch last game of the Championship Rugby league between the top two teams: Worcester vs Bristol. A top week.

TiRed

Spent the last two weeks detraining 🙁 . Looking at some nice replacement bikes.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg, What did you get?

Stoner, just shut up about your perfect life!!! 😉

allfankledup

Got access to a load of split dried logs that were going begging. Worked out about 2.5 cubic metres in the end, some will need to go on the splitter but all good so far. Free wood is always good.

beano68
    Free Member

Met my daughter for the 1st time in 20 years ! and got 7 KOM’s this week… so not all bad !!!

poah
    Free Member

I broke my collar bone at the sternoclavicular joint on thursday lol

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbr_uWdQvhE[/video]

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member
    Mine has been dire, which is the theme for this year so far.

I have two positives over the last seven days, sitting in the sun on Wednesday with my wife at a very peaceful culzean castle, we listened to the birds singing and the bees buzzing and both drifted off into a lovely world far away from the shit we’re going through at the moment.

2nd positive was watching two new born lambs in a field trying to feed for the first time with them both tumbling over, their mum nudging them to get up and repeating until they managed to feed, it was a wonderful sight.

I’ll add that some life changing things have happened in the past seven days that will hopefully makes our lives much better.

POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

Gimme a shout if ye want a ride mate, something local to you, but a bit different. Be glad to help out.

Greg.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The last 7 days have been pretty good for me, hows about you?’ is closed to new replies.