• This topic has 44 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • The knock on the door every parent dreads!!
  • timbur
    Free Member

Best not to offer up a HIGH FIVE for a while :O)

Hope she heals quickly and next time get down to that swing and test it for strength first :op

badblood
    Free Member

Hope she heal quickly mate. Its that horrible feeling you get in the stomach when you hear them in pain that always gets me.

My youngest (who was 5 at the time) was playing next door with their grandson when the grandmother brought her back round screaming her head off. Her right hand was rapped in a blood covered tea towel. It turns out they were playing with some solid concrete animal garden ornaments and she dropped one on her thumb.
    It split the nail across, so we took her to A&E where they cleaned it up and dressed it.

The dressing was meant to be one that does not stick to the wound but for some reason it did. So the next day I took her to A&E to get it sorted as it was giving her a lot of pain.

They soaked it and then started to take it off. All i remember was her stood there with tears streaming down her face saying ‘ow, ow’ but not budging her hand one bit. That was when I realised my little 5 year old was harder than me!

I would have struggled to stay still for that and her older sister would no have made it to the hospital she would have got that worked up at the thought of it!

Her injury was no where near as serious as your daughters but it just goes to show how resilient they are!

Good luck with the recovery mate

surfer
    Free Member

hey soaked it and then started to take it off. All i remember was her stood there with tears streaming down her face saying ‘ow, ow’ but not budging her hand one bit. That was when I realised my little 5 year old was harder than me!

My eldest has a cruciate ligament injury (MRI scan this morning) her knee is swollen and possibly fractured (X rays inconclusive)
    The consultant was pressing the swollen bit and she kept still with the tears dripping off her chin.
    Its true what they say about wishing you could be in there position.

Good luck Lowey!

lowey

Thanks for all your kind words. She is on the road to recovery, the cuts and grazes are slowly starting to heal and the swelling on her arms is getting a bit better.

She is such an active girl as well, as a result of this she is missing 2 gymnastics competitions, and the cheerleading nationals, both of which she was going to compete in. The poor thing is heart broken. Its just THE worst thing seeing your kids upset and in pain.

Drac

Good to hear she’s recovering well, yeah when they’re not well you want to take the suffering for them.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘The knock on the door every parent dreads!!’ is closed to new replies.