Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The king of flapjacks? I think so….
  • grum
    Free Member

I know people will say how they make their own and they’re so much better than shop bought ones, but these are pretty spectacularly good IMO:

http://www.kendaljacksmiths.co.uk

Had an Apple and Cinnamon one last night and it was bloody lovely. Made with proper butter, oats, sugar, golden syrup, apple and cinnamon and nowt else. Excellent.

Anyone think there’s better out there?

DezB
    Free Member

Looks like we’ll have to take your word for it 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes vegan ones that what I can eat- from Home bargains @ 19 p

Drac

Made with proper butter, oats, sugar, golden syrup, apple and cinnamon and nowt else. Excellent.

Is the correct answer.

zilog6128

You seem to think that “golden syrup” (or high fructose, partially inverted sugar syrup to give it a less fluffy sounding name) is a good, wholesome ingredient for some reason?

grum
    Free Member

Looks like we’ll have to take your word for it

Are they not available nationally? I bought one on my way to do an awesome night ride in Grizedale forest yesterday – sorry southerners! 😛

yes vegan ones that what I can eat- from Home bargains @ 19 p

Mmmmm I bet they’re delicious.

You seem to think that “golden syrup” (or high fructose, partially inverted sugar syrup to give it a less fluffy sounding name) is a good, wholesome ingredient for some reason?

Not really but they don’t have lots of other crap in them like emulsifiers and preservatives etc – quite a lot of shop bought flapjacks are made with margarine too, bleurghh!

DezB
    Free Member

Wholesome? Who cares! it tastes great 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

I bet they’re delicious.

OOH get the food snob

Nowt really to compare them to have i but only really eat them when I ride

z1ppy

Not tried them but if there not production line crap, they should be good, though I am addicted to cheery bakewell flapjack the local spar sells. I think there made by Dorset flapjacks.

I’ve always struggle to make a good flapjack, that didn’t turn into a nice granola but Hughs peanut boost bars are pretty damned good, they may not quite fall into the purists “flapjack” criteria. Ignore the instruction to use 150g of seeds or fruit, & put both in!

P.S Grum: That website link has an “Important notice Please note that the shop is temporarily closed as we are having a break from making flapjack for a few weeks.” hense why we might not get chance to try them…

grum
    Free Member

OOH get the food snob

Yup! YGM BTW.

Cheers z1ppy – yup those look pretty good too. Did you post the wrong link for the peanut bars? 😕

P.S Grum: That website link has an “Important notice Please note that the shop is temporarily closed as we are having a break from making flapjack for a few weeks.” hense why we might not get chance to try them…

Oh 🙁

Still plenty in the garage on the way to Grizedale luckily (for me!).

DezB
    Free Member

That website link has an “Important notice Please note that the shop is temporarily closed…

Only southerners get that message, apparently 😉

grum
    Free Member

If they still have them in next time I’m passing I’ll buy some and send them to you. 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

A mate of mine recently made some and realised he had no syrup, he used 10 melted down mars bars instead. It’s gonna take something serious to beat them I can tell you!

z1ppy
    xherbivorex
    Free Member

those 19p home bargains ones are okay for what they are, but are definitely cheapo flapjacks!

i quite like the cherry crunch flavour Trek protein bars, personally.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

cheapo flapjacks

Well, we are talking about JY here. 😀

racefaceec90

Please note that the shop is temporarily closed as we are having a break from making flapjack for a few weeks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 😆

fasthaggis

I know people will say how they make their own and they’re so much better than shop bought ones,

Yup,right first post 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

If they still have them in next time I’m passing I’ll buy some and send them to you

I like that idea! 🙂

elliott-20
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Made with proper butter, oats, sugar, golden syrup, apple and cinnamon and nowt else. Excellent.
    Is the correct answer.

^ This

Infact the best flapjack on the planet can be had at the Eden Project. My god they are good.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The king of flapjacks? I think so….’ is closed to new replies.