Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The Killing – Danish Detective series question – SPOILER
  • englishbob
    Free Member

I’ve just watched all the episodes over the last few weeks on BBC iPlayer catchup. Thought it was a brilliant series but now I’m at the end I don’t understand everything that happend.

Specifically, the role of the flat that belonged to the prospective mayoral canditate’s party.
    If the girl was assalted in the basement of her future home, where did all the blood in the party flat come from and how did they find her hair samples in it?

Can anyone shed some light? I just can’t work out the link between the party flat and her murder

Rob

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I just can’t work out the link between the party flat and her murder

Same here…well, it’s not that I can’t quite work it out, it’s just that they kept the mystery going for too long and then had an hour to wrap it all up. They never properly resolved the link between Vagn/Nanna/The Flat – it felt like they were using the flat to involve the political side and then kinda dropped it and hoped no-one would notice at the end.

Fantastic series though – just slightly let down at the end – oh, and I guessed Vagn in episode one 🙂

EDIT: If you can still edit the title, it might be an idea to add SPOILER in case anybody hasn’t watched it. 😉

DrJ

She was first assaulted in the flat, which she had used during her affair with Jens Holck – Leon told Vagn she was there and he then confronted her and raped her there, later hiding her in the basement of the new house.

Absolutely brilliant series, I thought, and the depiction of the Birk Larsen family was fantastic.

Just watched The Killing 2 on DVD and it is brilliant too!!

englishbob
    Free Member

How did Leon know this, had he given her a lift in his taxi?

Too late to edit the title I’m afraid. I’ve added a tag, if its any help.

DrJ

How did Leon know this, had he given her a lift in his taxi?

Yes 🙂 Leon had dropped her at the flat (Grønnegade) told him that Nanna was going to leave with a “raghead” and Vagn went to the flat to try to – in his own ideas – keep the family together. Afterwards he took Hartmann’s car keys from the flat and drove her to the house.

I am in love with Sarah Lund 🙂

(p.s. as it’s already been broadcast I don’t think you can keep spoilers out for ever!! – whatever next – don’t tell me the result of the 1966 World Cup Final, I want to watch it on DVD? 🙂 )

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I am in love with Sarah Lund

She has a gorgeous bum in those jeans she never took off 🙂

souldrummer
    Free Member

Everyone I know is struggling with the connection to the party flat. The look on Hartmann’s face as he came out for the press conference was as if he had got away with something.
    Someone I know was hoping the next series would explain everything. As I undertand it, the next series has no connection at all with this storyline.
    What a great series it was. Really miss it but Spiral is just about making up for it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Spiral is just about making up for it.

Do you think so? I was hoping for something really good, but I think the police actors are hamming it up big-style and I can’t believe they’d be that shitty to a suspect in reality. Maybe I’ll stick with it.

Now, Rubicon (also Beeb4) is superb looking.

DrJ

Everyone I know is struggling with the connection to the party flat. The look on Hartmann’s face as he came out for the press conference was as if he had got away with something.

When he came out for the press conference he had accepted Morten’s proposition that the end justified the means, and that he would not tell the police about Morten concealing the blood etc in the flat. He sold his soul to the Devil, a la Faust 🙂

(Forbrydelsen 2 has nothing to do with F 1 in terms of plot. It IS good though!! )

souldrummer
    Free Member

DD, if I’m honest the first episode of the current Spiral didn’t grip me as much as the previous series had, but I think it’s getting better. The real shock was the faster pace of Spiral compared to the much more measured pace of The Killing.

I think the main thing is that the BBC are prepared to screen these shows. Makes such a difference to the usual nonsense that’s on TV.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The Killing – Danish Detective series question – SPOILER’ is closed to new replies.