Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • the joys of crashing
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

out for a get out of the house ride and some of the trails were closed so hit one of the older runs back to the house, just getting going over the off camber run in as the front looses touch followed by the back cue skipping across the greasy trail on my side. Up again, smiled headed home. Sometimes fun when it doesn’t work 😀

tomaso
    Free Member

I will be practicing falling off tonight somewhere near Nan Bield and grinning all the way :mrgreen:

wwaswas

Sometimes I find actually falling off is a welcome relief from spending 20 minutes careering around the woods in a barely controlled fashion with my heart in my mouth from nearly crashing.

stevied
    Free Member

I quite like the split second when you know you’re going to crash and can’t do **** all about it. It’s even nicer when you get up, dust yourself down and realise everything is OK…

adsh
    Free Member

Y’all seem to have less prominent elbows is all I can say.

motozulu
    Free Member

I certainly did’nt enjoy crashing on the rock n rollers on Monday – thought I’d caved me ribs in.

Sat here now, scared to cough, sneeze or fart and can’t go out on the bike till I can breathe without being in agony again.

I say crashing sucks the root, big time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was watching the rocks approaching but didn’t quite make it, some nice mud rash 🙂

It was one where I saw it start, happen and then hit the floor, time to think “Must give more respect to these greasy trails!”

jekkyl

*loses

VanHalen

i have bruised knees and shins and i buckled the wifes wheel (which i`m borrowing) from a tree stump attack on sunday eve.

me and the 4yr old have been comparing bruises. good father daughter bonding moments.

Cheezpleez

I never crash, I’m too awesome.

Either that or a series of blows to the head have affected my memory 😳

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Stuck Upside down in a bramble bush last night after catching a handlebar on bracken and high siding. Hauled up by Scienceofficer!

clunker

Why do we always look at the bike after a crash first, I recently failed to spot I had cut my leg open and the next day discovered I had broken ribs too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘the joys of crashing’ is closed to new replies.