Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The joys of a good dunny
  • Stoner
    Free Member

One of the redeeming features of pretty much living in a client’s office for the last 5 weeks has been the top quality bog they have here.

Honed stone tile lined floors and walls, floor to ceiling doors. Excellent ventilation, swan’s neck paper and with those thick cubicle walls the peace and quiet one needs to enjoy a leisurely crimping.

Added bonus is 3G signal reception despite the stone walls.

Beats the hell out of an other client’s rickety G-Plan cubicles with brown-fingertip paper, half-mast doors and stale air. The cacophony of other peoples’ clatterocket noises and marsh gas air. 🙁 Although nothing beats taking a dump while being paid by the hour 😉

So apart from the great outdoors, what makes a good or bad bog?
    Found one lately? Bonus points for public restrooms of merit.

iDave
    Free Member

I’m fond of the ones in main house at Hartham park Wilts – used to work in an office in their business park. Quality seats, strong flush, pleasing soap and soft towels, changed regularly.

DezB
    Free Member

Only ever use the one at home. It has my magazines to read.

j_me
    Free Member

Public Conveniences in Kyle of Lachalsh……so twee I almost didn’t make it in time !

sobriety
    Free Member

I used one in a posh shopping centre in hong kong, floor to ceiling black marble, soft paper, and best of all, van gelis as a soundtrack.

There’s something uplifting aboput taking a dump to chariots of fire…

Cougar

1812 Overture for me.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The thunderboxes here are quite horrific. Paper thin partitions that aren’t full height, bugger all ventilation. It’s particularly bad if someone is not to well and are somewhat ‘distressed’ and ‘urgent;’ in their evacuations

scaredypants

1812 Overture for me.

trying to synchronise is known to be a leading cause of stroke

cynic-al
    Free Member

Who does number 2 work for?

philconsequence
    Free Member

got my own ensuite with shower attached to my office here at work, can’t complain.

dan1980
    Free Member

I tend to hear the theme from dambusters in my head when I’m straining to drop the kids off at the pool.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Reminds me of this

http://www.rouge-media.com/pcc/

See how much you got paid to poo!

MM

derek_starship
    Free Member

Yesterday, I had the misfortune of hearing a colleague practically explode in the next door but one trap. Unbelievable racket. He’s a big lad with an awful lifestyle so I shouldn’t be surprised. He must be married to a fat nurse or somehting.

It reminded me of a visit to a shooting club many moons ago where a guy in the booth next to me was loosing off with a .44 hand cannon and I couldn’t concentrate on my shots.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I once visited on in Japan that appeared to contain nothing but a giant 8ft urinal, just a plug hole and a water outlet at the top, I went else where.

Harry_the_Spider

Paper mill director’s private rest room in Ningbo, China. Like pinching one off in Liberace’s en suite.

racefaceec90

2 birds 1 stone 😉

Gary_C

I tend to hear the theme from dambusters in my head when I’m straining to drop the kids off at the pool.

Best hope that it doesn’t bounce a few times before exploding underwater…..

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

my local, The Sherpa bar in Morzine, has a star wars themed toilet. not quite lifesize cut outs are on the wall, there is a mirror ball hanging in there, and the star wars theme is played on repeat…

Northwind

It doesn’t take much… Making it to the Weatherspoons pub in Reading town centre after spending 4 days using festival toilets and finding they’re clean, have toilet paper, lights and running water, is absolute paradise.

(though the current Reading long-drop steel box crappers might be horrible but at least they don’t get tipped over and are impossible to set on fire. I’ve used some bad toilets in my time but no amount of bad smells and suspect fluids can compare to watching a row of portaloos explode and fire themselves into the air like rockets using, er, solid fuel.)

emsz
    Free Member

Making it to the Weatherspoons pub in Reading town centre after spending 4 days using festival toilets

OH GOD YES!!!!!!

Loving stoners post though, sounds like a lovely loo, where is it, just in case!! LOL

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Sweet Jesus, those toilets at Reading are just awful.

Just walking past them was an experience akin to getting CS gassed.

noteeth
    Free Member
    Bunnyhop

My brother used to have a 3 story house in York, with only one room on each floor. There was no space for a bathroom, so the loo was in the master bedroom, so the only privacy was when the bedroom door was open.

Stoner
    Free Member

’93/’94 Reading.
    I remember sphinctering one back until id waddled all the way to the purple turtle.
    Newsprint lined bogs never looked so appealing.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Our work loos sound much like stoners. Marble wall and floor tiles full height doors solid walls between cubicles. Only negatives are that any time I go for a crap the cleaner comes in or the stupid photocell lights go off. Thankfully I have torch app on my phone.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘The joys of a good dunny’ is closed to new replies.