• This topic has 127 replies, 87 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • The joy of having kids…
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

My 2 year old has developed a sort of sense of humour. Whenever he wants attention he shouts something like “tractor” or “cow”. To which we respond “where?” He comes back with “teasing” with a big grin.
    He’s also just learned to ride his micro-scooter and is a nutter with good balance and a love of speed.

My 6 year old can’t play hide and seek. He’s really good at hiding but all we have to do is say “giggle” and he can’t help himself 🙂

Pair of monkeys:

andyfla
    Free Member

The one memory that sticks is Fla No 1 (5 at the time) coming round from his anaesthetic after having his appendix (the wiggly worm in his tummy ) removed – I had bought him the lego x-wing to build – we spent the next 12 hours building it – he would wake up for 10 mins with a “you have stopped building”, so we would start building for a bit before he slowly slipped asleep again …. very cute

Worst experience was seeing Mrs Fla take him down the corridor to be put to sleep before the op and the feeling of helplessness was overwhelming

woody2000

My middle boy (4) did a big fart whilst we were reading the other night. I did the Dad thing and said “What do you say?” – he replied (after taking a big sniff) “I luuuuurve the smell of it!”. Not quite what I had in mind, but I couldn’t help but laugh and so now he takes every opportunity to do it again 🙂

I’ve got 3 boys @ 5 1/2, 4 and 6 months – I’ll have to remortgage shortly to feed them, they never stop eating! 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Worst experience was seeing Mrs Fla take him down the corridor to be put to sleep before the op and the feeling of helplessness was overwhelming

Yeah one of ours has had a couple of grommet operations, my wife says holding what feels like a lifeless body as they fall asleep is awful.

chomp
    Free Member

Yeah one of ours has had a couple of grommet operations, my wife says holding what feels like a lifeless body as they fall asleep is awful.

I had this same feeling when our eldest had his elbow wired back together after falling off a slide (while under my sole supervision). Not really sure if the tears were from the helpless feeling or from the telling off I’d had from the sister after explaining that I’d had him windmilling afterwards to prove to some busybody that he hadn’t broken anything 🙄 (he could move it fine, so I gave him a jaffa cake to shut him up).

I doubt I will ever be allowed to forget that little mistake

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

My wife’s due with number 2 in a couple of weeks. She’s taught him there’s a “baby burva” in his Mammy’s tummy. She’s also taught him there’s “Daddy juice [beer] and cake” in Daddy’s tummy! Something he likes to tell strangers!

MCPH Jr had open heart surgery at 5 months. They put him to sleep in my wife’s arms and had to, quite literally, prise her arms open to take him to theatre.

rattie79
    Free Member

Found my 2 & 4 year old boys playing quietly with there toy kitchen the other day,
    Me “what you upto boys”,
    4 yr old “just showing Joe how to wash up, Dad”,
    Me ” hang on, where did you get that water in the sink from?
    4 yr old ” I’ve taught Joe how to wee in the sink”!
    2 yr old turns and grins

Ha, I love it

DezB
    Free Member

Two bikes in my lounge?

First time we did the dual cycle commute this morning. Was cool. I was lucky enough not to have to wear a blazer and carry a PE kit! (Although I did have to go another 14 miles after I left him..)

[video]http://youtu.be/ONcsVg-f30I[/video]

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘The joy of having kids…’ is closed to new replies.