• This topic has 127 replies, 87 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)
  • The joy of having kids…
  • weeksy

You’ve got 12 months of hell first mate.

Junkyard
    Free Member

and no sex

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Don’t spoil it.

kimbers

this morning 630 im woken by

‘DADDY NATHANS DONE A POO AND A WEE!!’

bleary eyed I wander in, the youngest is standing in his cot and says ‘daddy I dun a poo and a wee’

Hes nearly 2 and just started talking properly so its quite cute

as I lift him out- a blob of sweetcorn filled poo escapes from his overloaded nappy and lands splat ont he sofabed……

Im sure I have loads of cute storys to tell about them but right now, cant think of any!!

ninkynonk
    Free Member

on a recent trip to Legoland

6yr old daughter number 1… “will the toilets be made of Lego”?

6yr old daughter number 2… “Evil Knievel, was he a baddie in Star Wars”?

to be honest we get pearls of wisdom everyday and it’s fantastic :o)

binners

fervouredimage – there will be no more of your normal evenings activities….

Enjoy it though. Parenthood is ace!! Sometimes….

😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

fervouredimage – Member

I’m glad I’ve read this thread. My wife has her 12 week scan tomorrow afternoon. I’m trying to contain my excitement about the whole prospect at this stage but I am overjoyed at the prospect of our first.

New chapter in life.

Good luck with the scan, it’s pretty amazing in itself. 🙂

And the bit about 12 months of hell isn’t true either, just be prepared to work stuff out rather than listening to other people’s “advice” about what you should be doing (I am aware of the irony of that “advice” 🙂 ). We have a two year old, next one’s due in March… 🙂

Bedds
    Free Member

What a brilliant thread..

We were having dinner the other night whilst our 4yr old (Callum) was holding court as usual, wife was still chuckling about something he said when he proclaims she’s ‘properly got the giggles on her’, cue more laughing.

Whilst getting changed for swimming as a two year old he loudly asked his Mum ‘What’s big bum doing’ about a rather large lady who was getting changed next to them, the wife still had tears in her eyes when she told me a few minutes later 🙂

I’ve been trying to cheer Callum up after his inevitable spills by telling him that chicks dig scars and then showing him one of my (many) past injuries, our 16mnth old fell over at the weekend and Callum sat down in front of a now bawling Finley and told him that chicks dig scars before pulling up his trouser leg to show a bruise on his knee 🙂

They’re the best entertainment 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

@Binners

I reckon the kitchen will still have a similar look to it though – baby toys, clothes, nappies in place of bike tools and parts. Me and Kes will work something out.

MoreCashThanDash

It has been the hardest, most frustrating, exhausting, draining, disgusting and infuriating experience of my life. It will stress you, your partner and your relationship to breaking point, and beyond. Sometimes more than once a day. You will have no time, money, patience, energy or sex. Ever. Again.

I wouldn’t have missed it for the world. 😆

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Good luck with the scan, it’s pretty amazing in itself.

And the bit about 12 months of hell isn’t true either, just be prepared to work stuff out rather than listening to other people’s “advice” about what you should be doing (I am aware of the irony of that “advice” ). We have a two year old, next one’s due in March…

Thanks and likewise congratulations.

I’ve prepared myself for the advice overload that will be coming our way. It’s all well intentioned so I’ll just nod and smile… for now.

fasthaggis

Nope ,and had some of my best race results that season. 😀

and no not as much sex

😉

anagallis_arvensis

Anagallis junior is almost 4. Picked him up fro nursery the other day ” daddy daddy I was really good I only fight a bit”

BlindMelon
    Free Member

First 12 months is easy they can’t move around too much 😀

Good luck Ferv, I thought the scans were fantastic.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mini me is due any day now (currently 6 days late so he’s obviously got my timekeeping).

Can’t wait for him to arrive, then the fun starts.

One of my firends has two kids and her little boy was very fond of the word penis…everyone had one according to him.

She took the kids swimming and whilst they were getting changed he shouted at the top of his voice ‘mummy you’ve got a penis’. She said that she got a few funny looks as she walked out of the cubicle….

cloudnine
    Free Member

3 year old daughter whilst watching the bike race part of ironman Wales shouts … “look daddy… That man has brown skin!” He nearly fell off his bike laughing.

molgrips
    Free Member

My 3yo insists he’s a boy. I asked where her willy was, she said ‘Here!’ And mimed waving a willy about. ‘Daddy I just petending’ 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Good luck Ferv, I thought the scans were fantastic.

I’m really looking forward to it. It’s been a difficult process getting ourselves to this stage for all sorts of reasons so it feels like it’s going to be an incredibly poignant moment (as it is for everyone of course).

mrblobby
    Free Member

The first 6 to 9 months is pretty easy really. The next 9 months are bloody exhausting (teething, endless colds and illnesses, hours of trying to get them to sleep in the early hours of the morning, proper tantrums.) Gets a lot easier after about 18 months.

nemesis
    Free Member

+1 on 18 months being the point it actually starts to get easier. Easier, mind, not easy 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

It then gets harder again s they start answering back more…

willard

I envy you all. Currently seeing my chances of ever being a dad disappear.

NZCol

I have an 18 month old daughter who is awsumz.
    Our cat turned up the other day having been sent from NZ (Long story…) and she basically walked behind him all day shouting ibsy ibsy ibsy ibsy ibsy then waving her arms round and laughing, proper laughing. They now seem to have reached an accord and until such a time as she smears Sudocrem on him it shall remain that way. She has started farting and laughing then holding her crotch and screaming Ooooooh Noooooooo. I may have caused that one. You soon learn to never touch something you don’t want them to touch and never say something you don’t want to hear – a lot.

user-removed
    Free Member

Our almost two year old lad delights in running through his list of exclamations at the top of his voice: “Fa goodness sake! My word! I say! ****s sake!”
    😳

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m really looking forward to it. It’s been a difficult process getting ourselves to this stage for all sorts of reasons so it feels like it’s going to be an incredibly poignant moment (as it is for everyone of course).

Good luck buddy.

We had a bump or two along the way and getting the all good at that 12 week scan was amazing. The lady who did our 20 week scan was really good and explained everything she was seeing in detail – like showing us the valves in the heart opening and closing. Amazing.

We had a 3D scan too which blew us away even more. I just want to meet the little bugger now.

ransos
    Free Member

3 y.o daughter on recent trip to Cornwall:

Wife: The pasty shop has closed because they’ve run out of pasties.
    Daughter: Why?
    Wife: Because people have eaten them all
    Daughter (pointing at rather large lady standing nearby): Did she eat all the pasties?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Our chap currently can’t pronounce direction.

He’s also obsessed with getting his boys bits pointing the right way so they’re not uncomfortable.

This results him saying “oh no, wrong erection!” quite a lot.

senorj

L’il J has very recently stuck a bank card in the car cd player & killed it.
    He now says “I lub you dada”…… 🙂

chomp
    Free Member

Our youngest had one of his front teeth knocked out by his big brother with a rifle butt (EE-3 Carbine Blaster Rifle incase anyone’s interested) which resulted in a bit of a speech impediment for a while where he couldn’t pronounce the sounds ‘s’ or ‘f’.

This coincided with his favourite derogatory comment being ‘scum-bucket’.

Very embarrassing with your 4 year old calling your wife a cum-bucket in Tesco’s as loud as he can when told he isn’t having a bar of choc at the tills :-).

Also very proud when the speech therapy started to work and he was caller her it pronounced properly, (it’s the little battles eh)

hatter

Nothing like being woken up by “DADDY! HERE! POO OF DOOM!!” ringing out from the baby monitor at 6:30AM.

DrP

Wandering into my son’s playhouse (calls it the ‘lab’) to find it all a bit ‘Breaking Bad’..

He’s a legend! Only 4!

DrP

Crell
    Free Member

DrP Junior’s “lab” earlier.

muggomagic

My then 3 y/o daughter whilst sitting in the trolley at tesco as a rather large (actually she was extremely large) lady walked past us, just started giggling, then just as the lady was right next to our trolley she pipes up “ha ha that lady is really fat”. I was speechless and the lady huffed and waddled off. I did try and apologise, but she wasn’t having any of it.

I took the family out for breakfast to a cafe one Saturday morning. My son who was around 15 months at the time was still having his bottle of warm milk in the morning. Order breakfast and mrs muggo gets my boy a juice drink which he pretty much guzzles in one. Just as our food arrives my son starts coughing, so I sit him on my lap and rub his back, he then vomits all over me. It was a horrific smell, a mixture of curdled milk and black currant juice. The man on the table next to us put down his knife and fork and a fiver and just walked out the cafe. Me and the boy had to sit in the car in our pants while mrs Muggo and fatist daughter finished their breakfast.

ojom
    Free Member

Firstborn (sex as of yet undetermined – we figured it was the one true fun surprise left in life) is due on Oct 4th.

Small wife now resembles a pygmy hippo and is doing a bloody good job. Been amazing.

Got lot’s to get on with still, we aren’t the most organised and we feel remarkably calm which can only be a good thing

Never been more excited than right now.

bfreeman0
    Free Member

do step kids count? bfreeman0 Junior having a full on tantrum when I come home from work. Apparently I should never have left.

crankboy
    Free Member

crankbrat is 3 and just at the knowing his own mind bit we have constant Toddler logic .this exchange was when trying to get him out of the car so I could go to work:-
    “no leave the car here I want to play in it”
    ” I cant I need to go to work”
    “daddy !RIDE YOUR BIKE!”
    “I cant my bikes at work”
    “well you can walk I’m playing in the car now”

dantsw13

They only get better as their personalities develop. Mine are 9 and 6 now, and great fun!

miketually
    Free Member

My youngest had a bit of trouble pronouncing her Rs at one point. She also really liked malt loaf, which she called curranty bread. Well, she tried to…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Congrats Ojom

nemesis
    Free Member

My daughter shouts about the cock and how it’s cocking.

She means the clock and its ticking…

Mind you my son loves transformers and Ratchet is one of his faves. Unfortunately Ratshit isn’t a great thing to be shouting about the place. Worse when he does a drawing as school and captions it…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘The joy of having kids…’ is closed to new replies.