Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The Jeremy Kyle Show -Why does it exist?
  • shotsaway
    Free Member

It’s the Easter Holidays and I’m home with the kids. The TV was on and the Jeremy Kyle Show started which I had never seen until today, so I was intrigued. I don’t get it – just a load of scumbags arguing with each other! What do people aim to achieve by going on the show? Do they get paid for appearing?

This isn’t entertainment so why to people watch it (a quick Wikipedia search confirms this programme has been on TV for 9 years)?

#badtelevision

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

they get allowances and put up in a posh hotel , some get drug treatment provided.they have a wardrobe department designed to ” chav them up ” for telly , at least Jeremy Kyle is qualified ……as an insurance salesman

sadexpunk

just be thankful that you havent seen it up til now. oh, and switch off straight away! (altho i can understand the appeal of watching carcrash tv for a short time just to make sure youre not dreaming and these people are real)

loddrik
    Free Member

Been trying to get audience tickets for years. Still no joy.. 🙁

lemonysam
    Free Member

When you’re hard at work getting a 2.2 in philosophy, sometimes the only thing that gets you out of bed in the morning early afternoon is the thought of drinking dragon stout in your pyjamas watching Jezza.

bigblackshed

Snob mode on.

It’s the greatest drug free, at least for the viewer, anti-depressant available. 5 minutes of viewing confirms that your life could be worse, it could be as shown on that there TV.

Snob mode off.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

One of the kids nursery workers was in the audience.

She loved it because “it makes me feel posh”

It’s all relative, I suppose.

binners

Its a freak show. Pure and simple.

The fact that the freaks on display aren’t actually aware they’re in a freak show is the truly depressing aspect of the whole thing

badnewz
    Free Member

The closest I’ve ever come to watching Jeremy Kyle is when I had to sign on and visit my local job centre.

xiphon
    Free Member

Its a freak show. Pure and simple.

The fact that the freaks on display aren’t actually aware they’re in a freak show is the truly depressing aspect of the whole thing

So like X-Factor, Big Brother, and all the other “entertainment” shows then.

That’s why the “auditions” coverage of the X-Factor type programmes is so popular – you like to laugh at their expense.

jon1973
    Free Member

So like X-Factor, Big Brother, and all the other “entertainment” shows then.

Yes, they’re pretty much on a par with the Jeremy Kyle show.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Contemporary vaudeville.

Poke the poor, watch them run around.

The same level of hatred could be levelled at the wealthy folk on This Is Chelsea, it is in this household, but it’s more popular to vicariously share in the miserable circumstances of some than the fortuitous events of others.

Pish.

binners

The same level of hatred could be levelled at the wealthy folk on This Is Chelsea

Oh no… the loathsome parasites displayed in Made in Chelsea are worthy of another level of hatred altogether. Theres a special circle of hell reserved for those ****s! They’re actually less self-aware than the Kyle-esque underclass.

I’m convinced that if everyone in the country simultaneously watched an episode of that. Spent half an hour viewing the hideously vacuous and overindulged offspring of the super-rich jetting off to Monte Carlo on a whim, spaffing millions of un-earned cash in their wake, we’d have a full blooded revolution within minutes

Heads on spikes, and everything

gobuchul
    Free Member

I’m convinced that if everyone in the country simultaneously watched an episode of that. Spent half an hour viewing the hideously vacuous and overindulged offspring of the super-rich jetting off to Monte Carlo on a whim, spaffing millions of un-earned cash in their wake, we’d have a full blooded revolution within minutes

Dream on!

Unfortunately a lot of people would just aspire to be like them. No matter how unlikely that may be.

A lot of people seem to think that winning the lottery/x factor/son signing for a PL Club is a sensible long term strategy for life.

What Englishman will give his mind to politics as long as he can afford to keep a motor car?

George Bernard Shaw

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Thanks Binners, +1 for that!

Bazz

It’s no different to the Victorians having travelling shows/circus’ with bearded women, conjoined twins, very tall people, very short people etc. nothing new just the modern twist on the same theme.

oldboy
    Free Member

My GF loves this show, otherwise I would never have seen it! 🙂

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Not quite as bad as watching c###s cooking.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m in the Jeremy Kyle Show every bloody day at work! 🙄

soobalias
    Free Member

i figured it was govt funded to keep people at work

if you are truly ill, you will sit through an episode, if you are well enough to be irritated by JK, you are well enough to get back to work – and you will asap

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The Jeremy Kyle Show -Why does it exist?’ is closed to new replies.