Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The ISS
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Probably been done a few times on here already, but I found an ISS tracking app. Such a clear night tonight, and I watched it pass over at just after 2100hrs. Not seen it before. Pretty amazing thing to see. It orbits 15.5 times a day so it will pass over again in about 30 mins.

Since the arrival of Expedition 1 on 2 November 2000, the station has been continuously occupied for 13 years and 164 days, the longest continuous human presence in space. (In 2010, the station surpassed the previous record of almost 10 years (or 3,634 days) held by Mir.) The station is serviced by a variety of visiting spacecraft: Soyuz, Progress, the Automated Transfer Vehicle, the H-II Transfer Vehicle, Dragon, and Cygnus. It has been visited by astronauts and cosmonauts from 15 different nations.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I’ve just seen it. But confused, i was expecting to go all the way across the sky, it didn’t, it only did about a quarter of it. Anyone know why i couldn’t see it go all the way from West to East?

imnotverygood

It goes into the earth’s shadow?

gwaelod
    Free Member

It was eaten by the Star Goat.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

The earth’s shadow, that would do it. Thanks

jeffm
    Free Member

I thought this was a thread on ISS, you know, Internatinal Superstar Soccer on the N64.

CountZero

The earth’s shadow, that would do it. Thanks

Freaked me out once when I was watching this bright light moving quickly across the sky, when it suddenly just faded away. Took me a while to work out it was a satellite going into the earth’s shadow.

flip
    Free Member
    Tango-Man
    Free Member

Jupiter and the ISS from last night, over Bolton.

I use this site Meteor Watch

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The ISS’ is closed to new replies.